Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hey everyone I am looking for somewhere out of North America where I can Rent a boat and a Cabin on a quiet bay or lake and my friends and I can spend a week riding and seeing the sights. Any ideas?? Thanks

Jorell
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
I see that your from canada....Possibly Lake Champlain in Vermont.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Maybe you'll see Champy Americas Loc Ness Monster. I just watched a documentary on Lake Champlain and Champy, pretty interesting.

That lake looks freakin' awesome though I'd love to ride there sometime.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
i'm riding in lake george which is below champlain but the water is just amazing. it almost connects but its seperated by Fort Ticonderoga.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Houseboating is the way to go. This year we'll be on Oroville for a full week, with two sick wake-makin machines!
Old    lunaraven            08-03-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
Go west Jason. Shuswap Lake is huge with a lot of nice bays and cabins (and houseboats) and good water temps in the summer, 8-10 hrs from Calgary depending how heavy your foot is.
If you did actually mean out of N. America then go to Australia...

Old     (jorellz)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,
I appreciate the info...as for Shuswaps I just got back from Housboating Monday night. We usually go every year...however next year I want to step it up a notch.
I was possibly looking for ouside North America...IE Cuba, Brazil etc but its looking like US might be the next stop...thanks again everyone and keep the ideas comming!

Jase
Old    wwsa            08-11-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
hey this would be cheap we already rented out the resort 9-4 9-12 100 dollars a person for the whole time. Hold on I will post agian
Old    wwsa            08-11-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
ok It is in the heart of the Mid-West Bull Shoals Lake Mo/Ark border it is going to be open to everyone. We are calling it who fest. Live music and bbq and a lake with over 1000 miles of shoreline. We should have boats and there are marinas around where you can rent one. You bring your crew out and we will hook it up mid-west style. I will post the info.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-11-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
i am from lake champlain but in the canadian side, from quebec, but the only bad things about this lake is that it's always windy so this is not the best place to wakeboard.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Have you seen Champy?

I don't believe the wind thing for one second, your just trying to keep all that butter to yourself.
Old    wwsa            08-11-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   

What is Who Fest:

This will be the first of many to come for Who Fest. This gathering is intended for the wakeboarding community & friends to hang out and ride at a different place every year. This year we have rented out Spring Creek Resort on Bull Shoals Lake for the occasion. Spring Creek Resort has 10 cottages that will sleep a total of 50-55 people in beds. All cottages have fully equipped kitchens, heat and air, television and more. (http://www.bullshoals.com/spring creek/) We have already rented out the resort and have full run of the entire place.

The beds in the cottages will be on a first paid basis. If you have enough people to fill a cottage we can work it out so that your crew will be together. The cost for the resort will be $100 per person for the entire time. We know that we will be able to get a lot more people than 50 and the place will sleep more, just not in beds. If you are not one of the first fifty people to pay $100 you may be crashing on a couch, dock, tent or wherever; however it will still cost 100 bills. After the first 50 beds are paid the rest of the money that comes in will be put back into Who Fest (food and gas for boats). So get your crew together and give Thomas (Who) or Jaysin a call for more details!

When is it? September 4th thru 12th 2004

Where is it? Spring Creek Resort on Bull Shoals Lake,

Isabella, Missouri

How Much is it? $100.00 per person

Live Music Rhetoric September 5th and 6th

Award Winning Tattoo Artist Dylan (DJ) Richardson last

Weekend (10th-12th)

Thomas 417-337-4777

Jaysin 405-816-5995

Spring Creek Resort is labeled G

Directions To Spring Creek Resort

Take I-44 out of St. Louis to Rolla, take 63 south to Cabool, take 60 west to Mansfield, take 5 south to Gainesville, 5 merges with 160 going west. Stay on 160 to HH at Isabella, take HH to our sign, turn left on County Road 622 to Spring Creek Resort

Lodging Information:

Spring Creek 2004 Cottage No. Description
All cottages have fully equipped kitchens

#1 1 double bed, shower, screened porch

#2 & 3 Private bedroom with double bed. Hide-a-bed, shower. Screened porch.

#4 Two private bedrooms, one with double bed. One with double bed, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, shower.

Screened porch

#5 One private bedroom with double bed. Hide-a-bed, shower, screened porch.

#6 Two private bedrooms, one with double bed. One with double bed, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, tub & shower,

Screened porch

#7 One private bedroom with double bed. Double bed, single bed and hide-a-bed in living area, shower,

Screened porch

#8 12 X 50 mobile home, 2 private bedrooms, each with double bed, hide-a-bed, tub & shower

#9 Extra large four rooms. Living room & kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 3 double beds, 3 twin beds, hide-a-bed, tub &

Shower

#10 3 private bedroom mobile home, 2 full bathrooms, 3 double beds, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, large deck.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Talk about High-jacking a thread!