Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    wakecal            03-07-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
I currently have a 03 133 Parks board and i want a new board because a 133 is just too short. I really want a Roam because that looks sick how you can press all your tricks, but i am not sure if i just want that, cause i desperately need a new board to. So should i go with the roam and keep the parks or should i buy a new good board, I am thinking the transcend or substance. If there are any kickass boards from obrien or J-star I would like to know what the best board is, I am 155 lbs. and around an intermediate, so what would be the best board to buy? Roam or real wakeboard.
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-07-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
If you go with closeouts you could get both:
LF Substance:
http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=110

Hype Roam:
http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=41

I Dunno That you would wanna just go with the Roam. It is a super fun board but very different from a regular board.

The O'Brien Valhalla is also a great board to try.

Zack Clark
www.BakesOnline.com
www.WakeboardNorthwest.com
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-07-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
I ride the Substance and love it. If you're currently on a Parks I doubt you'd want to go to a premier as it's a slower board. I've heard the roam is a fun board but most people aren't able to ride it like a typical wakeboard.

The best advice anyone can give you is to go out and ride a few boards before you buy one.

As much as I'm not a fan of the Parks board if it works for you why not upgrade the year and size?
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-07-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
Jeffrey is right...Definitely demo them if you can. Some local Pro Shops have demo programs.

Zack Clark
www.BakesOnline.com
www.WakeboardNorthwest.com
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-08-2006, 4:13 AM Reply   
the transcend is probably the closest one that rides like a parks and is a really fun board.

if the roam will be your ownly board try it out first because some people like it better on the wake but most don't because it requires a totally different way to pop.

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-08-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
ROAM ROAM ROAM
Old    wakecal            03-08-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
Ok I either want the 06 Substance, Transcend, or Marius. I have a Centurion boat that is a 2000 it's a V-drive but doesn't have ballast so the wake isn't huge. But i want to get some good pop, i am 5' 10" and i was thinking if the 134 marius was still too small or if i should go to the 138 transcend or substance. Which of the three?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2006, 2:48 AM Reply   
Jason, dont hint, please come out and say what you think.
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-09-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
get the bigger board....I'm 5'7" 170lb and im on a 38 transcend...love blinde landings on a bigger board..so much easier. Substance is a great choice too. Transcend has a more centered pop and releases a lot faster than that parks
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Trancend 138 like Andrew said. He would no he kills it on the Trancend.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-09-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
I'm 5'10' 160lbs.---I ride the Transcend 142 Platinum. Last year I rode the Absolute 141 Platinum. I am a decent intermediate rider and in my opinion a longer board would do you well---better pop and softer landings. I would suggest you demo several boards before making up your mind. If you ever get out to CA--drop me a line, I'll be happy to give you a pull and let you demo the Absolute, Marius and Transcend---that goes for everyone!!
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Find a bigger board that is the same model as yours now so you will know what to expect? Just a thought.
Old    wakecal            03-19-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
I narrowed it down to the Transcend or Substance. I am probably going with the transcend because I like the idea of the straight up pop and it will be good for a smaller wake. Does anybody know how the 138 transcend and 138 substance compare? Which one lands softer, spins faster, weighs less, rides faster, and which is the better overall board? I am also getting the 06' Transit bindings, so does anybody know what changes they made in those compared to the 05's? One last thing, could i have some input one bindings that other people really like instead of the Transits? Thanks wake bros
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-19-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
only difference in 06 transits is the magneato lace ends. everything else is the same. The Sphynx are really comfortable too... really flexible but supportive