Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-08-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I am moving from Hawaii to Florida next month. My new company is footing the bill to ship my truck and '02 Super Air to Long Beach, CA. From there I'll be towing the boat to Stuart, FL from April 8 to April 18. It looks like 3 of my friends are going to join me. I'd like to travel along I-10 and/or I-20. Does anybody have any suggestions where we might stop to ride along the way?

Mahalo for your help!

Aloha,
Paul
Old    mklucas            03-08-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Lake Apache, AZ - up in the superstion mountains outside of Pheonix. Very remote, not many people, always good water somewhere on the lake. I'll be there April 15-18, email me for more info/directions.
Merlin
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-08-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
stop off in North Texas(Dallas/Fort worth) on your way through Texas and we will show you some places to ride..I20 runs right through the souther edge of Arlington/Fort Worth/Dallas and Texas is a long drive so you will probrably stop anyway..

email me at wakeboy22@hotmail.com or visit http://dallaswakeboarding.com and let us know what dates you will be passing through here and we will hook you up with info on where to ride..we can get you some pulls with us or hop on with you whichever you choose..

let me know ,sounds like a fun trip.
Old    blind5            03-08-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
If you take I-20, Lake Martin, AL is pretty bad a. lake It would be a well worth it 45 min. out of the way
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-09-2004, 12:00 AM Reply   
if you go down I-75 i know of a pretty sweet lake near gainesville, FL
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
You would have to take a 60 mile detour off of I-10 at Las Cruces, NM, but Elephant Butte NM is outstanding this time of year. No one starts coming untill after the Memorial Day Holiday so you would have the Lake to yourself. I was there last weekend (Air was 78 degrees and the water was Glassy)
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-09-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Mahalo everyone for the input! Yesterday I was kind of planning some stops just based on mileage and I came up with somewhere in AZ, the Texas/NM border, Dallas/FW, southern Mississipi or southern Alabama, and central FL (Gainesville or Orlando). Hard to believe your inputs covered pretty much all those areas. I'll get in touch with each of you to find out more about those places. I'm a litte worried about air/water temps since we're all from Hawaii and very spoiled by warm air & water year round.

If anyone has anymore inputs please let me know!

Aloha,
Paul
Old    leftcoastpunk            03-09-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
If you plan on stopping in AZ, either Saguaro or Bartlett will be your best bets. Apache is just to far off the beaten path and down a dirt road. Bartlett is great on the weekends and Sahuaro on weekdays. Both are within 20 minutes of the city too. Hope this helps bro.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
Paul,

I replied to your e-mail. temperature is not really going to be a concern in april. I have a friend from panama that is already trunking it here.