Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Anybody have one, or used one in the past? If so, what are ya'lls thoughts of it? I've been looking at them and am thinking of getting one and just wanted to see what others that have used them thought. Thanks...
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Love mine! Always a good time at a party too!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
The snowboarder in the room next to me has one, it's awesome!
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-24-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
I rigged up one with a pvc pipe and an old wakeskate lol works pretty good.
Old     (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
I use a piece of 6" dia. steel pipe and a 16"x26" piece of 3/4" plywood. Works great, and all pulled out of the dumpster here at work.

I used to spend hours on it, while doing everything from just watching TV to eating dinner. The wife won't let me bring it inside since we got new carpet (the steel is uncoated, and tends to leave rust deposits on the floor).
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
try a keg and a wakeskate... thats when the party gets good!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-24-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
THey are freaking great. Get one. But remember this, I tell this to all first timers on the indo. It's an Indo Board, there is no need to crash, because it's just an indo board, just step off it when you feel like your going down. -- That will save you fo sho. I have seen so many people eat it crazy hard on the indo. Landing on the roller with your hip or chest hurts like hell.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Andy, I learned your advice the hard way. I tweaked my wrist two weeks ago and still can't do push-ups because of it. This is causing me serious problems!

I'm going to start using my wakeskate on my friend's roller though. Time to try to kill myself.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-24-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
At our house, if you get owned by the indo board, you flip it over and sign it with the Sharpie marker. You should see the "art work" on the bottom of our piece! Its an awesome time for sure, but not worth getting hurt over. We have had some good party times with it as well....its always nice when there is the one guy who just cant leave it alone and wants to impress the ladies.
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-24-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
get the indo board!!! it has helped my balance and made me better on rails. I would buy instead of make one, its tons of fun
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-24-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Have any of you gotten the instructional DVD from indo? I got my board at a shop so it didn't come with one. I'm wondering if its worth getting to learn some tricks.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
0 for 2 on the dam thing both times it tossed me like a rag doll. one time was after a few ok alot of beers it was not pretty. i also would like to have one to try to improve my riding but i cant afford gas and medical bills both so im staying off the indo board for now. i guess what im saying is BE CAREFUL IT WILL F-U UP IN A HEARTBEAT.

(Message edited by kko13 on March 24, 2008)
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-24-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
takes some tine... First time out of the box in december, I climbed on in the CONCRETE GARAGE! CLICK CLICK BOOM! OUUUUCCCHHH
after healing, I stood next to a wall to hold onto to get the feel for it. Seems a little easier on carpet with padding...
I got the roller and the balance thingy.. spend more time on the roller now.. I think it will be great for surfing balance!
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       03-25-2008, 12:07 AM Reply   
Don't bring it in to work unless you like filling out worker's comp paperwork!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Haha, thanks for all the advice!
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-25-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
I have a funny Indo story. The wife gave me one for Christmas a few years ago. I already had a Vew-Doo balance board so I jumped right on the Indo board to try it out. I was in the tube riding position and did a grab. I got slightly off balance and rolled right over my middle finger with the roller and my full body weight. It hurt like a mother, kind of like slamming your finger in a door. I learned a hard lesson about doing grabs on the Indo board. With the Vew-Do board there is a plastic track that the roller rolls on so you can grab anywhere at any time. Not so with the Indo which is basically just a flat board. I do like the Indo better however because the board is free to float and slide on the roller making it more challenging.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Yeah, I did the same thing Ray. I went for a grab and rolled over my fingers... Now I just have a reason to work harder on keeping my balance when crouched so that I can do grabs.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
Indo Boards are great! I have had mine for atleast 5 years and still use it all the time. Ultimate party favor! Always fun watching first timers get owned.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
They are awesome. Easiest way to start is on carpet, then move to a wood surface when you feel comfortable. Like A-Dub mentioned, keg's are fun too. Indo boards are addicting, in college I would use mine every nigh watchin tv for a good hour. Like everybody else has said too, tons of fun at parties. You'll have a blast with it.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-25-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
throw the indo deck on top of a lazy suzan. get an old rope, put a pulley up high to run the rope through and tie a wieght on the end and practice your spinning.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
they have made devices like that for trick skiers, that actually lean to the sides to make you balance even more.....
Old     (rc005)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-25-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
i took an old skateboard deck and filled up a mt. dew bottle with water.. cheap.. yet effective.. you dont realize how much you improve till your friends try it..
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-25-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Goodtimes...totally. Got mine for Christmas and absolutely love it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
A-dub, do you have a link to that device you are talking about? I have been thinking up a way to build something that combines the indo and the lazy susan.

For Indo, I really like the inflatable ball thing, I think mine is a round as you can get it, probably like 25psi. The thing is the size of a basketball and seriously hard to stay on, super good workout too.
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
we actually started to use a basketball instead of a roller, one guy was doing pop shuvits and landin on the basketball. The ball was seriously warped afterwards, but totally worth it
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
My boyfriend made me one with PVC pipe, wood and sandpaper. It looks the same as the real one and I love it.
Im also curious to know what the video it comes with shows... I didnt get one with mine either lol
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-26-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
this was the only thing I could quickly find. I think it's kind of a back-yard, DIY project. I'll ask around.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4386915.html
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-26-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
If you dont have a demo DVD, contact the guys at INDO and get one ASAP. I have watched it repeatedly and it still amazes me. They have stuff on their you never imagined possible on one of these things. Definitely has kept me interested in mine way longer than I would have otherwise....