Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Has anybody else had problems recently with the Wetsounds website? After a Google search, I click on the link and then it immediately shuts Internet Explorer down and I'm back to my desktop.

I was looking for a Wetsounds dealer in the Eugene, Oregon area. Anyone know which Stereo Store that might be? Can I get the speakers cheaper online?

I'm looking for 6" round speakers. We can get tower speakers at a later date.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-19-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
looks to be up and running to me... You might want to restart your computer.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-19-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
www.wetsounds.com

seems to be working!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-19-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
hmm, looked into it and seems ok on our end. Not sure what's up

You can reach us at 877-938-7757

Thx

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Thanks. I am at work now and it works fine from this computer.

At home I tried it yesterday and after shutting the computer down and trying it again today it did the same thing.

Maybe I'll try Firefox instead of IE.

Thanks everyone.
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-19-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds Tim,

We own a 2001 Mastercraft Prostar 195 that has the stock Clarion Stereo and four speakers. For Christmas I want to get my girlfriend upgraded speakers and I realize I will likely need an amp. to drive them. For now we don't need tower speakers, just something that will sound good in the boat.

Which speakers and amp. do you recommend? Roughly what will that cost me?

If anyone else is willing to offer some good advice, I'm all ears.

Oh, I believe the speakers we have now are 6" round.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-19-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Sounds like a trojan virus on your computer, it's definately not the website or the browser.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-20-2008, 4:33 AM Reply   
The XS650's and Syn4 would be the ticket, question is, do you have the Clarion components (separate tweeter) which was so common at the time?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-20-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
tigemike is right on

2 prs xs-650 with syn-4 amp. If you want something a little lower cost, you can go for the syn-micro, it is a small 2 Ch that can play 2 ohms stereo to the 2 prs xs-650

You can see prices on the site or if you still can't get on give us a call

If you have the clarion components, we have had people use the xs-650 and a led puck where the tweeter was. Looks great if you have to go that route

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
While we are on the subject of the wetsounds website. Does anyone else have problems with the sound on the main page?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-20-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
I have had a couple guys say that but me and my web developer cannot get it to do it. We are looking into it.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
IMO, the sound is annoying and takes up bandwidth. The end user wants to see what you have to offer and downloading music only delays the web page from loading. I know, we are talking <3 seconds but again I am a believer of make the page to the end user the fastest way possible. Just my two cents. The site does look good Tim.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-20-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
Noticed it yesterday, sounds like yur spinning some old vinyl
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-20-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Razzman, I'll do some research about the Trojan Virus thing. FYI, I do have Norton Antivirus on my computer and have always kept it up-to-date. Additionally, this is the only website that I have had do this and I visit quite a few sites.

Also, I run Spybot from time to time.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
IMO, it's not a virus or anything. It was probably an update to IE that Microsoft pushed down that is not compatible.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-20-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
pottsie... download and run a registry cleaner. It may fix your problem. If not, it will fix all your jacked up registry entries and make your PC run better. This is the one I use:

http://www.download.com/Eusing-Free-Registry-Cleaner/3000-2094_4-10521691.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10898553

information on what the registry does
http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2005/windows_system_registry.asp
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-20-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
Thanks ed.

I'm a little apprehensive about messing with my registry. I take it that you have used this product many times and it's helped?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
I've used it without problems.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-20-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Completely understand your hesitation. I have used a few registry cleaners... I have not had problems with this one. When I search for software like this, I will go on cnet.com and try the downloads the editors have rated.

http://www.download.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=registry+cleaner&tag=srch&searchtype= downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=pla tform%3DWindows

It may sound stupid but I don't even use anti-virus software and I can get most brands for free from my work. I run a registry cleaner, spybot and use firefox on my home pc. Its about six years old and searches the internet just as good as our newer laptops.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-20-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
I naturally push mute before I go to the website. That music annoys the crap out of me. On the other hand, I just ordered a pair of Pro 80's and I am psyched! If I need more sound I can always add a 485 somewhere down the line. Tim, your helpful emails answering all of my questions is what sold me. Your the man
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-21-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
That all makes sense!

I think I'll try it.

Thank you.
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-25-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
FYI, I ran Spybot and like I said, I have Norton doing it's thing. I haven't had time to run the registry cleaner yet, but I do know that the problem has something to do with Internet Explorer because after downloading and using Firefox, I can get on the Wetsounds site just fine. When using IE it still shuts down immediately and returns to my Desktop. Weird. Yes, I have the latest version of IE. This is the only site I have found that IE can't handle.
Old     (ivectoryou)      Join Date: May 2007       11-25-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
To Tim from Wetsounds. This is from a friend who used to work at Microsoft.

I suspect there’s a problem with some kind of add-on for IE. I just tried the site in both Firefox and IE 8 (Beta), and it works fine in both—until I try to shut down IE. Then I see the following:

This suggests a problem with a Java script that runs on the Web page. It’s probably something that IE doesn’t like.Upload
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-25-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
I'm on it. I took off the music so that won't be an issue anymore.

That is the water effect (java) at the top that is not loading on your computer for some reason.

Thanks,

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-26-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
^^^ Thanks Tim, now when I am at work surfing your site people don't have to know that I am not doing work and dreaming of new tower speakers. :-)