Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-22-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
I recently found a 2005 ski supreme 220sp w/ factory tower and ballast. it was a dealer demo and they are selling it as "brand new." Asking price is 25K. Is this a good deal. Also has anyone ever seen or experienced the wake of this boat. Thanks
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-22-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Depends on how many hours were put on it as a demo. If it is low hours (under 60) then i think it's a pretty good deal. But remember it's already a 2 year old boat and supremes don't have that great resale.

(Message edited by ldr on February 22, 2007)
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-22-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Is that the boat from New England Ski Boat? If so, that dealer is a little shady. Look at the pictures he provided of the boat, it looks as if he and his buddies are partyn in it and not demoing it. I looked at that boat back in September and the guys story changed several times as well as other details on the boat. I ended up buying a brand new Supreme V220 from another dealer. Good luck.
Old     (mike_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
You are talking direct drive, not the V220SP right? Is the motor fuel injected or the carb 5.7?

The direct drives are a nice price point boat - he is giving that away at 2005 invoice. However, because of the way the exhaust is on the direct drive, some of them shake violently while driving and at idle. If price is important, DEFINITELY take it out for a drive to see if it does this with and without ballast.

Remember, a 'demo' boat is usually the turd that the salesmen have beaten up on and laugh when someone sells it.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-23-2007, 4:54 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info...Steve...it is exactly the boat you are talking about. What is the other dealership that you went to?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-23-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Derek,

I sent you a PM about the situation with the dealer.
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Derek,

I have an 05' 220sp direct drive and have had no problems at all and it put's out a respectable wake for beginners to very good riders. It's a great boat for that price and as far as the hull and exhaust design it does shake just a little at speeds under 5 mph but then it smoothes right out, it does not shake violently!