Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
So I was fortunate enough to win the contest on here that Jim from Speaker Sox put on for a free pair of speaker sox. I just got my email from Jim and he chose to send me 2 pairs of sox which he didn't need to do. This is my third time dealing with Jim and each time his customer service has exceeded my expectations. Jim really does care about his customers and it shows with not only his CS but in his products as well. Seriously if you have been considering these or even if you are not I highly recommend them. I've had the ones I have now for a couple years and they've kept my speakers looking great in a pretty crappy climate up here in the wet northwest. Anyway just wanted to say publicly thanks Jim and Speaker Sox.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-03-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
I couldn't agree any more! Jim totally rocks! I'm getting ready to purchase my third set of sox from him
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-04-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Another in agreement. Jim has a great product and even better customer service. The first set I bought from him were the wrong size and I had my replacements two days later.

I will be ordering my third set of sox for my speakers, racks, and mirror when my new 210 arrives.

To anyone even thinking about getting these. Just buy them.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-04-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
SpeakerSox make your speakers -
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Another benefit I forgot to mention is that they give your speakers anonymity which for me gives me a little piece of mind that they are less likely to be stolen at night. Between my black tower, bimini and covers the speakers camouflage well.
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-04-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Do the soxs help with letting rain getting into the speakers? I just bought some pro 80s and am wondering what to this summer
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Yes, they will assist in keeping rain out but they won't necessarily keep them dry if that makes sense. Absolutely get them if you spent the money for pro audio it would be foul hardy to not.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-04-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
do you guys just put them on when storing or keeping the boat off the water, I mean you dont boat with them do you?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-04-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
I was wondering the same thing! I really like the looks of my wetsounds and don't want to cover them up that badly! Especially while out on the water..
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-04-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
I leave mine on all the time. My last set were two colors to match my gel coat with the Nautique logo. Looked great.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
I leave Sox on my Dbots all the time too. The blue Sox match the Malibu blue pretty good & I think it looks as good as the black/chrome speakers.

You could spray just about any waterproofing on the Sox & it would help them repel more water if thats a concern. As mentioned in another thread, this Aqua-Tite stuff would make a paper towel totally waterproof. The possible problem is that it could seal water INSIDE too.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
I take mine off when on the water.
Old     (speakersox)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-04-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
You can order the covers with scotchgard protection to help repel moisture and bugs. You can spray your own waterproofing but be careful not to overdue it. You do not want to lose the breathability of the fabric. People are so concerned about water that they forget that heat build-up inside the covers can actually be worse. I cringe sometimes when I see home made covers (some very nicely done)using fabric that will trap the heat. We all know what it's like to be inside a tent in the summer, imagine what your speakers will be going through.