Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
Hi,
I am considering purchasing a 2001 X-Star and was wondering if anyone knows of any problems that are inherent to that model/year of boat?

What areas would you say to be careful of or pay more attention to in a pre-purchase inspection?

Since the boat is out of state, what questions should I ask before even getting to the pre-purchase inspection?

Thanks,
Billy
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-18-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
I have one, and the only problem that I have had is the interior on the sundeck and a bacteria problem that turned the rear seat pink. The sundeck has stitching in the rear of the center piece. It started to rip. I talked to my dealer, who contacted MC, and they are going to replace all of the seats(not just the one with the problem)and the sundeck. Since the boat is three years old, and the interior is only warrantied for one year, I am very pleased with MC.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
The only problem I've had with my '01 X-star is with the trailer. The calipers are held on with 3 bolts and I've sheared them on 3 of the axels going up dirt roads on two seperate occasions. They were washboard dirtroads but I was creeping very slowing. Other then that the boats great!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
Check www.mymastercraft.com for recalls. The only thing that comes to mind is a trailer recall for 2001 trailers.