Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       01-14-2004, 11:50 PM Reply   
I was checking out your profile and saw that you have 01 belmonts with 02 base plates? I have 01 Bels, but am not stoked on how heavy they are...how hard was it to change the baseplates? Or how did you get the hybrid thing happening? I need to change the heel underlays (ripped) soon, so maybe I can do a full on surgery and get the new plates as well? Let me know Bro!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-16-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I was hangin' out at wakesports one day and I was bored, and diggin' through boxes in the back and found a pair of standard white footbeds from a pair of parks or byerly's, so I asked Adam if I could put them on my boots, and he was all for it. I wanted to have the claws anyway. Well to make a long story short, it's a perfect transplant. The overlays from your '01 belmonts fit perfect on the '02 baseplate. You may have to go one hole out on the over lays though. My footbeds were very tired and squished down from all the riding, needless to say the new footbeds were much cushier and made my bindings too tight. Bad news is, I don't think they'll be any lighter. Good news is, it's still worth it.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-16-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
thane... my claws slip. I was thinking about getting the 2001's just for the baseplate so my binding doesn't turn on me after landing something harsh. Does this happen to you?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-16-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
you got the short screws right? Man, torque that ish down, use some loc-tite if you have to.

I got pics but I can't post 'em on this comp. Post later.