Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (boardin4364)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
I have been a reader of the board for a while, just wasn't to informed on giving info as boarding was just a hobby/past time to spend sometime with the family and have some fun.

I still plan on doing that for sure and I know most here do the same, but I have progressed and am in search of upgrade'n my 94 sport nauty to a v-drive.

Here's my dilemma. I've been searching for some used boats. I know I would want either a used SAN
or 205V. I know the wake shape differs, but I not biased as I would get used to either that I chose. Where it gets touchy is that I'd be looking at a used 00-02 boat. that is where they fall in my price range. And most peoples idea of great shape is different than mine that's for sure on the one's I have checked out. I know I will eventually come across a clean one that I may have to drive for, but was wondering all your takes on this situation.

I am looking into a new 07 Moomba LSV with some options. pp, racks, gravity ballast,, bimini, stereo, hydraulic wakeplate, appearance package(stainless rubrail, chrome docking lights, and I believe cleats), cover, and heater. The new 07 come with a 330hp Efi standard I believe. Just saw them at the show. Got a price of 40,500 plus tax. How's that price coming in? Thought it seemed fair with those options.

Before about 2 yrs ago when I was going to upgrade we had been looking at Moomba's but just thought they were kind of cheap inside and didn't want to spend our money and end up getting another new boat down the road. I know they have always produced a great bang for your buck, but WE PERSONALLY JUST DIN"T LIKE THEM. Weren't much deeper inside and didn't ride much better than our Sport Nauty. The used Nauty and Mc's were still going in the high 30's so we decide to hold on. But I must say this year their(MOOMBA) boats seem to be able to compete with the big boys for sure. They have always been reviewed well on here, but I feel now that their boats are something to reckon with.

So I guess that was alot of info for a simple question, but just wanted to give you an idea on where I was coming from. Would love to hear your thoughts on going with a New 07 LSV vs going used MC or Nauty in the yrs 00-02. Reason being is I know the used boats would be about 5 k less but they are at a higher interest rate and obviously your getting something that only you have owned with a warranty so you would have to pay a little more. So you can in turn pay a little extra for a new ride. So it's kind of like a poll question. What would you wakeworlder's do?

Thanks
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
the price on the lsv is a little high, it should be in the 37 range, make them a true offer of 36 and see what they say, you could buy it for that, they are still making money at that price
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-22-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Hopefully you'll get some good feedback, but I see some boat flaming!

I have an 06 LSV and absolutely love it. We upgraded from an 04 moomba outback, and the difference was amazing. The difference in the quality and likes/dislikes are amazing. Not just going from an DD to a vdrive. My wife and i have been behind, nauti's, centurions, cal's, and even though there all great boats, we really prefer the moomba.

The room and the feel of the new LSV's are outstanding, great upgrade from the 04/05 lsv's.

HOpefully you can ride behind all of your choices and get what you really want!!!!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-22-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
You can pick up a used 2005 MC X-2 here from Guido. Here is the link
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/406312.html?1169501522

IMO, I would buy Guido's X-2 before a brand new Moomba.
Old     (boardin4364)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Unfortunately living here in the midwest has it's drawbacks on that part as you have to order new boats blind at the show. I rode behind an 06 LSV last year once was a trea but the guy only had a center bag and no rear tanks. Shape was great and it still even had a little kick to it. I would def opt for the Gravity III though. Appreciate the link Byrd, but that is little out of my price range on a used boat for reasons mentioned above in regards to finance's.

Supr4 me

36 eh? the boat stickered at like 45800. I figured 39 would be a great deal! I pm'd ya
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
brad
rush007865@aol.com
e-mail me
ps i am not a dealer but have bought my share of new boats
Old     (wakemom)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
Brad and Supra 4 Me,

Really curious about the $37k figure. My husband and I have been looking at the 07 Mobius nearly load (Gravity III, wakeplate, 4 tower speakers, appearence package, bimini top and all covers, heater, 3 year warranty and more) priced out around $47k. After show incentives, its about $43.5k. We've also talked to them about trading in our '96 Bayliner and they'll give us $7k, so we're looking at financing $36k...should we be offering lower than the $43.5?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
No way $37k. I am a dealer and was thinking your quoted price was awesome with those options!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-22-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
When I was looking for a boat in the late fall I found some well equipped supra 21V's in the low 40's and some 20ssv in the high 30's. I was told the moomba should be less, but that was on 06 models.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
jon, get real
tell us what invoice is on a 07 lsv loaded, no bs b/c i will call you out on it
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
supra for me,

The LSV STARTS AT $35k retail. With those options I'm sure it would retail for at least $45k.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
I ASK FOR INVOICE NOT RETAIL
the prob w/ so many dealers inc my local shop is you want to make 10k a boat
try making 2k and give 500 to salesman
if you are a dealer on here trying to "help"
give us invoice, add 2,500 and you have a fair price

(Message edited by supra24ssv on January 22, 2007)

(Message edited by supra24ssv on January 22, 2007)
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Supra for me,

I pm'd you.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
listen jon,
I am with you on your boats, I have owned several new boats from fountains, donzis, nautiques, moombas, supras and have had great luck out of SC boats. Moombas are the best bang for your buck out there. But you can find great deals, as you know even w/ the boat show incentives this is not the best time of year to buy a boat, that month would be november. I know dealers don't lose money in november they just take a smaller margin, that is all I am saying. SC is better than many companies with their prices, but all of these boats are overpriced right now, it is getting out of hand.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Under 40k ain't happening with those options, however, I was exactly where you were last year, I was sure I was going to get an LSV (for $41k). Then I compared it to an X1 for $47k loaded and I think it was $6k well spent. (obviously I am biased here now, so feel free to pay no attention to me, but the resale on your MC along with the increased build quality made it a no brainer.)

I've ridden behind an LSV and the wake is supurb, you won't go wrong either way. But you are comparing a moomba to one of THE hulls (the other is the previous SANTE).
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-22-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
I find it intersting that a dentist is telling a boat dealership what is fair profit.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-23-2007, 1:12 AM Reply   
Brad I went the moomba route as well, that is until I realized how unfinished the boat was. The boat was as mechanically sound as they come. Just check out the fit and finish of the others and then see where you want to spend your money. The moomba was a great boat for me but soon realized I needed a different boat. It's like comparing a chevy work truck to a cadillac escalade.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-23-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
brian, you have no clue my friend
sorry for hurting all the boat dealers feelings

(Message edited by supra24ssv on January 23, 2007)
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-23-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Well I guess next time I buy a boat i will have to email SUPRA FOR ME for dealers.

Living in the midwest, your dealers are not on every corner, never seen that boat with those options for under 40K. Im sure it can be done, maybe with straight up cash.

Sometimes finding a dealer that will go above and beyond is worth the extra money!!!
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-23-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Brad, I see your in IL. Plenty of ppl here in IL letting you test out some boats. Your welcome to ride in my 06 Lsv anytime. Hit me up, I can probably give you some names of ppl that have the boats your looking at comparing!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Brad,
Did you come to the Chicago show and see our Granite and Sunset Orange '07 LSV? It was a great price, and had some nice options. Sitting just under 40K, with all the boat show incentives.

If you'd like more information or want to get something rocking before the boat show incentives are up, shoot me an email. nawresources@yahoo.com
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-23-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Good luck!
you will love a lsv they are great boats
remember there is nothing like a warranty

Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-23-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
NAW is a good guy, he will take care of ya for sure!!! He usually has some pimp boats.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Just under 40 is a better then 43. Props to NAW. The new 07 Moombas are nice. I went out in October of last year with one from Boulder Boats here in Nevada. I didn't like the shaggier carpet, but the rest of the boat was extremely nice. They just moved to a new location. They're new to Skier's Choice but they seemed super excited about it. Check them out if you're in the area. http://www.boulderboats.com/. I went with a used Tige but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
39 to 40 with those options is pretty good at this time of year.
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
When I WAS SHOPPING LATE LAST YEAR I STARTED OUT LOOKING AT A '02 X-STAR FOR $36K THEN A NEW '06 x-1 BASE MODEL FOR $41K THEN I LOOKED AT A NEW '06 V-RIDE WITH LOTS OF OPTIONS FOR $40.5K, THEN A NEW '06 MOBIUS LSV LOADED FOR $36K. I ENDED UP WITH A FULLY LOADED SUPRA 20 SSV FOR JUST UNDER $40K. I FEEL LIKE I GOT THE MOST OPTIONS AND A GREAT PERFORMING BOAT AT A DECENT PRICE. IT'S YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE...THEY ARE ALL GOOD BOATS.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
the 07 LSV is a sweet boat and 40K isn't bad either with all of those options. I would easily take the Moomba over a 5 to 7 year old MC or Nauti.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-23-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
The deals are out there.
Last year I was shopping for new boats as well. I decided to buy a Moomba XLV at the LA Boat show. Base price I believe for the XLV was $39,995 bare bones. Well I negotiated for the apperance pkg
( stainless Rub Rail, Guide Pole Covers, Pop Up cletes and some other stuff), wakeplate, 340 hp motor, Perfect pass, 3 year warrantee, wake board Racks, Cover, Bimini, dual axel trailer w/ swing tongue, Tower Mirror all for that same $39,995 + Tax and Prep. Total was $44k out the door. I went home and priced it on the Moomba site for a retail price of $54,375.
SO the bottom line is that You can get that LSV with most or all of the options you want for the Base price of the boat + Tax and Dealer Prep. At least at the LA Boat Show!!!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-23-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
It had the Gravity 3 Ballast system as well. It was basically everything I wanted - a shower and stereo ( which I do myself anyway)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-23-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
E- word way to work em, you got a smokin deal..
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-23-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
E - shh don't tell anybody you got a good deal, they will start ripping you on here, saying you don't deserve the money you make like they did me
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
yes msrp on an LSV is $35k but add delivery and dealer prep and you are at almost $39k right there, i think that is a great price. i don't get why some people think they are entitled to paying invoice? dealers need to stay in business and make money. im sure no one in here works for free!

the inboard market isn't very big, some dealers only sell 30-50 boats a year, a dealer couldn't survive on making $2500 on a boat.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-23-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
see E, i am a bad person b/c I like good deals and tried to give some advice,
my figures may be low but dealers start high so why shouldn't I have, or someone else not have the right to low ball them, ever time I have traded something in they try to give me wholesale or below for my stuff, if I want to get rid of my stuff I do it anyway, same for them. Dealers do have the right and should make money, this always has to be understood, like entrust said no one likes to work for free.

Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Dealers are making a killing. I don't understand the concept of paying the off the chart prices. That is what keeps prices going up. Anybody noticed all the new dealerships going in everywhere. I think they have plenty of negotiating room.
Old     (boulderboats)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-23-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
EvilOne, Were glad to here that you found your boat. You will be happy. Thanks for the plug.

Regarding LSV pricing, it's of course dependent on options and location, but mid 40's is MSRP equipped, low 40's is typical sales price and upper 30's for the show.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            01-23-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Boat Dealers dont make all there money on boat sales, they make all there money in the service dept, just like a car dealer, service dept's is where the cash is!!So dont worry about low balling them on price, they will lowball you on your trade in every time, so whats the difference?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-23-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
i am not a dealer so not really butting into this discussion, but it is really hard to compare a boat dealer that might sell 30 new boats a year to a car dealership that sells hundreds or even thousands of cars and has customers getting service 12 months a year and buying 12 months a year...

Don't get me wrong, I like a good deal as much as the next guy.....

(Message edited by tyler97217 on January 23, 2007)
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-23-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Jeff,

I can tell you that is not the case with most dealerships.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
you are right, most dealers don't make a lot on service, for many dealers it's a wash.
Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-23-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
IMHO the best deal is not the guy that got the best price, but the guy that got the most time on the water.

Are we talking with tax, without tax, cash, including dwn, what you owe now. Folks get a bit selective in the history they report.

My $.02, worth what you paid for it

SD2
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-23-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Brad is dealing w/ Chicago Searay. Their wake and ski boat sales make up a very small part of the business. They make their money on the runabouts and cabin cruisers.

That being said they are a great bunch there, pretty much everyone in the pro shop either boards, skis, or barefoots. They have always been great to me when just buying boards, vests, etc... So I would imagine they will take care of you as far as a boat is concerned.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-23-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey,
I am all for dealers making money, But guess what they are not going to make money off me!!!! Trust me there are enough uninformed buyers out there that pay full retail for boats and those dealers make up for me by selling to them
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-23-2007, 10:32 PM Reply   
For some reason I'm not impressed with SC products when I see them at the boat show. In function is another matter. I met a guy out where we wakeboard with an '06 Supra and he is NOT the kind of owner that posts here (i.e. Takes care of his boat). I mean he abuses the snot out of the poor thing. I'll be the first to mention that after 2 seasons the boat looks pretty damn good IMHO. Granted it's only 2 seasons, but if it still looks that good after his treatment I'll give it props for being sturdy!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-24-2007, 4:58 AM Reply   
NAW - I saw that orange/granite LSV it was an awsome combo.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
LSV is a great boat. Lots of room and everything you need to be on the lake. However you need to change out the back saks with bigger bags. If you dont the wake is a bit soft.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-24-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
The new LSV is really nice boat the even upgraded it for 07