Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-13-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
I am having ACL Surgery early next month and I was wondering if you knee takes a big impact with an air chair and who I be able to go back on the lake quicker with that than a wakeboard?

Any info would be great
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-13-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
You really don't use your legs at all with a airchair/skyski. The hardest part of learning to ride is to NOT press down with your feet.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2004, 4:57 AM Reply   
Mike-I had my acl repaired 3 months ago and one of the things that still bothers me is when I bend it all the way..for example when I squat down all the way...Since your knee will be bent in an air chair it might hurt your knee. I would be very careful with that..of course talk to your dr. and see what he says.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
Mike,
I started riding a foil after knee surgery( torn miniscus) and I was fine. The biggest challenge would be your knees hitting together in a side fall. I've seen riders put padding between their knees to keep it from happening. Do you already know how to ride?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Mike, I think that you would be fine in a Skyski or AirChair.

Like Airfreak mentions, the less you move around the better you are riding.

You do push down and pull with you legs a bit, but it's more like doing stomach crunhes. When you sitting in the chair, your legs are releaxed, there is no weight on them. I have a bum knee from snowskiing years ago and wakeboarding does cause it to hurt a bit. Skyskiing never has.