Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    malibu36            06-11-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
can anyone give me the low down on this boat? good, bad, ugly? i saw one this weekend at a delaer and it looks HUGE. how does it compare to the 21v?
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       06-11-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
love mine its a huge boat and will hold 16 people , 06 xlv , make sure you get the wakeboard prop, i did not and seems to take time to get on plane with 8 people and 1200 of ballast. bought a new acme prop and will try it in a week.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-11-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
i have an 05 xlv and i run it with about 3000# of ballast and with the 14x14.25 prop it gets up and moves!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
It's a super nice boat for the money. And can produce a great wake, IMO. If you're looking for a really big wake boat without the really big price tag, it's a great choice...

It doesn't have nearly the bells and whistles that the 21V does, or that luxury feel. The wake is a bit more lippy than the 21V, but still has good mass and firmness.

BTW, I think the POA would have a fit if you showed up in that beast! lol

Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-12-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
I have an 04 and absolutely love it. Below is a link to some pics from riding last week and some of them show the wake. I have the gravity games bags and was only running them about half full (1200 lbs) with 3 adults in the boat. Line length is 70 @ 23.2 MPH.

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6992
Old    malibu36            06-12-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
thanks for all the info.

NAW- the bylaws say 21 is the largest and 26 for pontoons maybe i could doctor up some stuff!!??!
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
I to own an XLV 2005 and I too really love it. The biggest compliment came this past weekend when my friend test drove the 06 MC x30 and came back very confused as to why paid more. Well the mc does have a little more bling but I was Very Proud of my XLV!!!
Old    septicwaters            06-13-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Real clean wake, very roomy, lots of storage. This boat performs as well as any big wake boat, at a value price. I own a 2005 XLV
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-14-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
I gotta jump in on this one. I own a 2004 XLV and I love it!! It's roomy, comfy and it performs! The wake is incredible! I ride with quite of few guys who all say they prefer my wake over other boats they either ride behind or own. I used the money I saved on this boat to install a sizeable system in it. So, of all the boats that I ride behind in rotation with mine is the largest, the most comfortable, the biggest wake and the largest system. What else could you ask for?!? It's the boat we all prefer to ride behind and the boat we all prefer to party in!!