Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
i couldn't tell with a quick search if this has been discussed before

only slight spoiler alert if you have not seen it and want to see it without hearing more just click away

Saw the DVD for "H2O Extreme" at my local rental place and watched it last night.

i don't intentionally look for goofs, but i noticed three:
1* The character CC jumps off the dock with a Gator Militant then the scene jumps ahead to him riding the Hyperlite Premier i believe
2* The character Ashlyn is trying to learn her first invert and lands a tantrum. later she is talking to CC about how she landed a few "backrolls" (i guess only a wakeboarder would recognize this one)
3* CC gets his hands duck taped to a tube and pulled around. but later when he is disconnected from the boat and walking around with the tube "stuck to him" he has a loose bracelet of duck tape around each wrist. its such a terrible scene. he's shaking the tube like he's still stuck to it but it is SOOOooo obvious he is not.

Overall the movie is about show-skiing and not so much about wakeboarding. your typical genre of movie where the main character wants to do one thing (sport) but feels obligated in doing another thing because of a lack of support

its worth a watch, even to laugh at. i bet tons of other mistakes could be found. there are other subtle ones that are common when they attempt to show the actual actor on a board and you can tell they are very beginner, cutting to the wake slowly... then cut to another scene with an obvious stunt-double where they rip up the top of the wake to do some trick.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-24-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
In my mind it is the "comedy" of the year!