Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    hansifranz            07-22-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
I've gotten pretty serious this summer about getting out on the lake and trying to get better at wakeboarding, and I can definatly see improvement. I just bought a new board, Parks 138 DNA - damn nice, and a few phat sacs. I've got one for the ski locker - 700lbs, and two for the back compartments - 400lbs each. The wake is noticebly bigger, but it's not 'that' big. I'm wondering if I might need more weight in the bow of the boat or whut??? I've never weighted the boat out before, so I'm really not sure what's best. Could someone give me some advice?
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       07-22-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
Of course the wake has a lot to do with it but technique is crucial to your wakeboarding progression. I have seen people with great technique catch huge air off minimal wakes. Work on progressive edge, loading the line ect..ect..
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-22-2003, 12:48 PM Reply   
more weight in the back....800 is not enough to offset a 700 in the locker. weight up front is good, but you still want the majority right off the platform.
Old    hansifranz            07-22-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
I can catch fine air, it's just that I see other wakeboard boats out on my lake with wakes that seem twice as big. I thought that it might have been the way that the weight was sitting. I think I'll try and add some sand bags up in the bow, and then get a few people to sit in the back this weekend.
Old     (n2mywake)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-22-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Hans a buddy of mine has a 21 ft Maristar, you have to keep in mind that your hull required more weight to really sink it. His is dialed in great. He has the locker sac full, twin 550's in the back and 200 or 250's in the front. His wake is very clean and large. I prefer his wake over another friends X-star. Here's his website http://www.make-a-wake.com I'm sure he can give you the details on his setup.