Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
What up boys:

This summer I did an internship that was unpaid and all I did was surf wakeworld all day. Anyways I got an unexpected check for it and have been in the market for a new board.

This is not another "what board?" thread but rather a chance to object to my marriage to an 05 Gonzalez 138. Any takers voice your opinion or forever hold your peace.

Other contenders included a substance, dvnt, era or older premier
-later boys
Old    swass            08-31-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Dave, you owe me about five years of back pay.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
For real someone who has ridden a combination of the gonzalez, subsatnce, premier and has any insight as to what board is loose and fun, huge unpredictable pop and uh well thats basically it so holla back help please im at school and can't even ride now so have a heart and offer some insight! thanks
Ringo
DMC- Biiiiatch
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-01-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ringo,
I have rode the Gonzalez, and an older premier. I would say I liked the Gonzalez better. I rode a LF Balance right after the Gonalez and felt like I got better pop on it, and it broke free easier for surface tricks. Could have just been the fin configuration on the Gonzalez.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries

(Message edited by sunsport on September 01, 2004)
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Loose, fun, and huge unpredictable pop, I know it isn't one of your choices, but that sounds like the Harris 143. That board rides just like that. But I can't help you out any other way except that I have ridden the gonzalas and have no complaints about ath one either.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-01-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
i hear the blindside blade is nice. i also have a liking to the double up nelson from this yr. all this coming from a guy riding and 01 premmier.