Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
We're planning our first trip to Bullards Bar this weekend. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where we should go? Is there a more or less desirable marina to launch from? We have no idea where we're going! Any suggestions on the best places to ride, camp, and launch would be appreciated.

Old     (liquidforce)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
hey ill be there that weekend. never been there before. we have a black sport natique and a biege centurion.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Maybe we'll see you there, Danny. We're pushin' a Blue/Tan Wakesetter.
Old    swpmwinc            06-17-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Both Launch ramps are nice we usually launch from dark day ramp the marina is small but nice the people that run it are great the water on the river inlet is almost allways good have a good trip
Old    kmc            06-17-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
We will also be there this coming weekend. If you don't already have camp site reservations, you better call & see if anything is still available. I prefer to launch out of Dark Day but there is less parking & filled up fast over the holiday weekend. This will be the first time there on a non-holiday weekend so it would be nice to launch there. The marina launch is still good but it is looong, steep & narrow. Over the holiday, they would stage one boat at the top, let one boat sit in the turn-around toward the bottom of the ramp & one boat launching. They were well organized but the worst part is the hike from the parking to the dock. I was spent before I ever got on the water.

Ken
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
What about the boat access camping? Does anyone know if that fills up quick?
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-17-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
I will be at Bullards this weekend as well. Campsite at Schoohouse site 37. Dark Day is the way to go to launch for sure. We have a 2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Lets all hook up and Party!!!
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-17-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
I recommend to dock the boat at Emerald Cove Marina overnight otherwise you are going to have to take your boat out of the water each day. Dark Day campground is closed so there are no other campsites that will allow you to keep your boat in the water unless you want to walk about 2 miles to get to it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
Brian, thanks for the advice. We'll keep an eye out for you. What color is your VLX? We're in a Blue/Tan LSV.
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-17-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
blue, black and grey, blue tower black speaker box see you there
Old    norcal_99            06-17-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
J-Rod Bullards is awesome.

Have fun and be safe.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
No matter which ramp you choose, get there early! The parking fills quickly, and it is quite a hike to the lake from the overflow parking areas. Just make sure you offer rides to the people who are hiking from the ramp to their vehicles. It is a long steep hike if you don't get a parking space, and you will make somebodies day by giving them a lift to where they are going. You will see what I mean when you get there. Have fun It is a beautiful lake.
Old    kmc            06-18-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Brian, do you know why Dark Day is closed? Do you know if the launch is still open? With that many less campsites available there may be more open butter. BTW, I'm also in Fremont.

Ken
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Dark Day is closed because the Forest Service is putting in more campsites and repaving the roads back there. They were supposed to be done last year but I dont know what happened. Yes the launch ramp is still open. WHen are you leaving?
6am Friday for us
Old    kmc            06-18-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
Brian, The wife, the 2 kids, & I are leaving about 8-9 am. My sister-in-law & boyfriend coming from Reno area Friday evening & my Buddy, his wife & daughter are coming Saturday evening. We will be staying through Tuesday. Haven't been to Bullards in 2 years & can't wait to get back there. A neighbor just went to Oroville last weekend & said the H2O was within 4 feet of the Dam, so I suspect we should have plenty of room to play. Looking forward to testing out the new homemade Skate this trip.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Brian/Ken,

How long of a pull is it to Bullards? I'm residing in Santa Clara right by Great America.

Thx
Old    kmc            06-19-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
Levi, if I remember correctly, it will be in the neighborhood of 3.5 hours depending on how fast you drive, number of stops, yada yada yada!!!

Ken
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-19-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
about 4 hours from Santa Clara but well worth the hike
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
We're going to Emerald Cove. The lady on the phone said there are only 6 boat-access campsites or something. They are taking reservations. Apparently you have to rent porta-pottie and tow it to your campsite! What the hell?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-19-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
Have a good time Jrod - B Bar is amazing - We willl be up at Cammanche this weekend. . .

The last part of the trip is the worst, a HUGE HILL, little ruff on the tranny - FYI

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-19-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
some pics of B Bar over the last couple years

http://gowakin.com/2002/bullards_bar.htm
http://gowakin.com/2001/id99.htm

-= peace =-
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey what's up Aaron! Thanks for the pics. Have a great time at Cammanche. We booked our plans for BB a while back. Otherwise we would be hanging with your crew this weekend. Have a fun/safe weekend.
Old    tui            06-19-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Bullards is sweet. I suggest Boat campin, if you can, Emerald Cove is on the water anyways as far as the porta loo, see if it is required, cause they have on water bathrooms (stinky) well, it all depends on how rugged you wanna go. School house is relatively close to Dark Day launch ramp, but you will want to get up real early as it gets crazy with all the loadnig. But worth it for the water. Oh yeah the hike to the parking isn't as bad as the last 2 years as the water is full to the top. I was there 2 weekends ago take Mosquito spray, coils, you name it. Those little buggers are persistent. If you need more bodies give us a shout.