Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-02-2006, 12:43 AM Reply   
We were out on lake Sonoma today and one of my son's friends landed a backroll. I've seen him try at least 30 this year and he tried all last year as well. We all went nuts. If I can figure out how I'll post the video clip. The look on his face when he ends up on his feet and rides away is priceless. Nothing like landing a new trick to get the boat all fired up. I know, big wup, but we loved it.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-02-2006, 3:22 AM Reply   
Awesome Les, it is a great feeling. I taught a childhood friend of mine this week to board, got up and was carving around, even tried a 1-wake 180 (and biffed ) Very cool to spread the love.
Upload
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-02-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
I remember that day too, somebody finally stuck a backroll and everybody was fired up. After that people started sticking other tricks. It bumped up our riding a notch.
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
Loren- cool pic!
Old     (getsome137)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-02-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
sweet pic man...that is awesome...
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-04-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Okay, I'll try again. my picture
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-04-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Is that a backroll? I've never seen anyone put the handle behind their head before. Cool...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
what...the heck. How did he land that? That is totally sweet. He must have just been ducking his head hardcore, because the actual location of the handle is where his chest WOULD be, had he not been ducking. Major props.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-04-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
So les was it busy at Sonoma today?? Is your's that red/black/white malibu? no graphics? If so.. i see you all the time.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
The kid has good pop but that is awful form. tell the guy that the trick does not need to be thrown. If he hits the wake on edge and looks up and over his lead shoulder the trick will complete itself. Props for landing it, he made it much harder than it is.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-04-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Yeah Jason, that is my boat. What do you have? We go to Sonoma a lot, but feel that Lake Tahoe is our home lake. Hard to get up there for just a day or two though. We just went to the Delta on Saturday for the first time. I know that is crazy but I could just never quite motivate myself to make the drive. We went out of Tower Park, had a blast. Sonoma wasn't that bad, not too many boats, but windy. We went today as well. Drew has landed about 15 more of those this weekend. totally dialed. We don't know how he does it. It is just about the only thing he can do. Although, today, if you can believe it, he almost landed some kind of an off axis front flip. I didn't even know what to call it. Came really close. If you see us on the lake cruise by and say hi.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-04-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
Yeah for sure Les! We always see ya on the weekdays. Im the smaller white and blue boat.. MB Sports.... always wakeboarding. The other day when i saw you guys. Somoene was cutting out and i was at the same time. we were going to high five eachother haha. But yea.. its a beautiful boat. Deffinatly i will cruise by to say whats up next time i see ya.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Hey Les....I bet he was so stoked. We were up at New Melones this past week. We loved it. Met up with some friends we have known a long time and got all the newbies up for the first time. Going back next year for sure.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-06-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
the first time i tried a back roll i ended up doin an ole 5... maybe thats what happened to him... its all screwed up.... if it was toe side it maybe a scare crow lol who knows
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-06-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey Geri, ya we were all out of our minds. I almost did myself in diving into 2 feet of water at the Delta to mug the guy (I thought it was a lot deeper) on Saturday. We weren't even going to go out this weekend because of the anticipated crowds, but ended up spending 3 of 4 days riding our tails off. I'm wrecked but happy. I'll try to post some pics.