Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                04-16-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
What type of prerequisites should you have before you even think about starting to attempt spins? 180's, 360's, etc...
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       04-16-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
good balance, whenever I have trouble spinning, I try the trick 1 wake and take it straight up, from there it is just a progression of speed and intensity but the technique is the same. The only prerequisite for wake spins is to be able to do a wake jump (single or w2w)
Old                04-16-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
No prereqs. If you are up and can get any air off the wake at all, go for it. I would first learn the TS 1 wake 180. It is a natural spin and is probably the easiest to learn.
Old                04-16-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
all righty, thanks... i'll definitely start trying that stuff... i'm tired of just going wake to wake, then every once in awhile go big and try a backroll... i want some intermediate tricks...
Old                04-16-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Do you have any instructional videos. Detention for example. They go step by step through the tricks that build on each other. The 180s are one of easier tricks.
Old                04-16-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
oh yea, i guess i do have higher education, i watched them so much when i got them for christmas it just kept making me depressed that i couldn't go out and do it, so i put it away... forgot i had it... oops... thanks for the reminder!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-17-2003, 9:12 PM Reply   
The instructional videos are extremely helpful. When spinning make sure you wait for the pop.

When learning them look at the horizon and concentrate on getting the handle to the small of your back.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-18-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
one of things i learned that i think will help me (haven't had a chance to put it into effect yet), is that you don't need anywhere near the energy you think. a simple pop is easily enough for a 180 or even a 360. when trying 3s i was really loading up and flying through the air - and of course i could never get the handle, because with that much tension set up the handle wants to fly away from ya.

so im hoping next time out i'll be able to take an easy jump and go more for lift, thus not having too much tension on the line.

(Message edited by deepstructure on April 18, 2003)