Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-04-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
So I had my 2.5 year old son out on a snowboard this year and he loved it . He kept asking to go all winter and he now has his own board and boots. With summer coming up I know he will be into trying the wakeboard so I'd like to get him a setup for his third birthday. His 5 year old sister would also use it with him (she snowboards now too).

I did a lot of looking and there only seems to be 3 brands that make a really small setup: Hyperlite, Liquid Force and CWB. I am leaning towards the LF nemesis combo because the bindings look nicer for kids with the Velcro. Has anyone used these boards with their kids?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...50366563170724
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-05-2011, 3:40 AM Reply   
I can recommend the Nemesis...my boy loved his!
Attached Images

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-05-2011, 5:05 AM Reply   
LF makes the smallest boards with a 106 and 111 available. My 5 YO daughter rides a 111 LF Star. The little shredder at 10 is riding a 120 Ronix Vision that is the Bomb! This thing is super light and has great bindings. He rides it finless and its really fast.

Good luck. I got my girls 111 from a post just like yours. A Wake Worlder stepped up and sold me a nice used one.

Hope it happens for you too.

Build the stoke.
John
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-05-2011, 6:03 AM Reply   
I ended up getting my 2.75 year old daughter a hyperlite Divine 109 and small hyperlite symbol bindings. She hasn't ridden it yet, and may not this year. She's pretty small, and even with the bindings as close together as I can get them, the angle on her knees is pretty bad. I'll probably just let her play with it this season in the grandparent's pool and/or let her stand on the boat platform in her bindings while holding a rope so she can act like she's riding.

Who knows though. She begged to surf with me last weekend, so she may bug me to ride until I let her.
Attached Images

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-05-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
From my experience with selling setups to little kids, the LF setup has been much more popular! (Star or Nemesis)
The bindings are so much easier for kids to put on, and also very comfortable. THe Nemesis (star is exact same with girl graphic) is a great beginner board that you cannot go wrong with! My little brother started on it and loved it!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-06-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
Im definitely leaning towards the Nemesis combo. Thanks for all the tips. Now i have to track one down or find someone who will ship to canada and not charge $150 for it.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-06-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
Went to my local shop to support them. $500 for a kids board, at this point I'm gonna pass. They had an 10 Ronix One with Boots for $1300 but %30 off. Im in Canada, so ya prices should be %10-%20 higher but not %100 higher, those prices are just silly.

Oh, and chattwake provided a hookup AGAIN! Thanks a lot!