Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            10-05-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
You mean besides lose your shipment? :-) I just had to share this saga of lost foam, because it's almost too freakish to believe.

I ordered about 53 pounds of foam, should have been delivered last Friday via UPS frieght.
No big deal, Monday was soon enough. Well...it wasn't even picked up until Monday. Talked with the shipper, and they said - it should arrive Tuesday, no problem.

So Tuesday comes and goes. A quick call to the shipper and they explain the truck broke down. :-) So there will be a delay. Wednesday, for CERTAIN. :-) Well, here it is Friday and we FINALLY located the foam, it's on the shipping dock in San Leandro, it was misrouted and talking to the folks at UPS they tell me they really have no idea when they will get it on a truck again! WTH?! I was flabbergasted, what do you mean you have no idea when you'll get it on a truck again. Maybe they just like the company of my foam? :-)

It's hilarious that so many errors could happen to one shipment and it's STILL not over.

http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

key in tracking number 313745622

It's been in San Leandro since 1:45 am of the 2nd. Might be there for another day, another week, another month - maybe another year! :-)

I think UPS needs a new tagline - UPS - maybe we'll ship it to you, maybe not. We just don't know. :-)
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-06-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Jeff - sorry to hear that. That is a lot of foam to be "missing".

Just to commiserate with you -- I ordered my Resin almost 3 weeks ago. I got the Epoxy about a week ago, but they forgot to include the hardener portion. still waiting....
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-08-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Jeff, that REALLY sucks...it is just sitting there!!! We had that happen with Xmas packages a few years ago. Thankfullly it was only 1 box but it was a present I had made for my niece. It really sucks to just see it there "arrived at Service Center".
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-08-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
jeff do you make wakesurf boards? do you have a website??
Old    surfdad            10-08-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Luciano, I make them for self-consumption, but I don't shape for hire...I typically do sell off my experiments at the beginning of each season, however. :-)

Wakechick...as of Friday, I got two answers. The dock supervisor said - yep it's here, we just won't ship LTL, so they needed to get it on a FULL truck load. :-) I think they already are a TRUCK LOAD full :-)

The next two folks I talked to, said - they couldn't locate the package and indicated they had 48 hours to locate it for me, otherwise it would be presumed lost and I could file a claim. So...I've already ordered replacement foam, and hopefully I'll get my money back AND some foam delivered via a carrier OTHER than UPS :-)

Hey Matt - that is so funny. When I was ordering my vac bag system, the place I ordered it from hadn't responded after 10 days, so I called them and the lady indicated that there had been a price increase and they were trying to contact the manufacturer. As soon as they got that call, they would get back to me.

I thought to myself, that sounded weird, so I called the manufacturer directly and placed the order. They were just 45 miles from me, so I got it the next day. Fully 2 weeks later the first place called me back to tell me about the NEW price, did I still want the system. :-) It's no wonder that some of these small operations stay small! :-)
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-08-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
crazy, now I know why someones call Murphy optimist :-)