Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skibumdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-19-2010, 5:03 AM Reply   
I am thinking about putting a MOnster MT2 tower on my 2000 Malibu response. Are these good towers? Will this tower look topo big on a 20 ft boat?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-19-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
i had the first monster model M1 or whatever and it worked ok to start with but the screws always came loose and the thing would move all over the place, especially when people cut out hard in the flats, it would also rattle a lot at lower speeds (maybe they make them better now). i was always wondering if it would just collapse or rip off by the last yr that i had it. i used it for 3 yrs and since have switched boats. wont be missing that tower, like i said though it wasn't MT2.....
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-19-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
my mt1 is rock solid. I check the screws often. And its only a season old. i got the cargo bimni too, it works great too.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-19-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
had the first one on my 96 response and I agree with K Money. COnstantly tighting the thing up. Attachment to the boat was good but the tower itself moved all round by the end of the first year. Now I know a guy who has the tower on his Epic (Toyota version) and his is rock solid. Same install as mine; can't explain
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-23-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
Since they don't make a specific one for your boat, at least look at NDM Universal

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/universal_towers.html
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-24-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
I have had mine for 5 years....not one single issue...then we had one off an old boat that sat around for 2 years...then put it on another boat and works just fine....
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-24-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Our's works great and great customer service to boot.
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-24-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
I installed one on my 1998 moomba outback and used it for 4 years. Never one single issue. It was rock solid and I also had 4 6x9 speakers on it and racks so it had additional weight. Remember that the integrity of the tower is only as good as the install job. So take your time and do it right.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-24-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
could have been from putting it up and down all the time. there was a low foot bridge in our marina so we had to fold it down to pass under. prolly helped loosen it.
Old     (monsterman)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-25-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
SkiBumDan - We generally recommend the MT2 for 20ft and longer boats. Especially if your boat has a fairly long wrap around windshield. It tends to fit the best.

Non of the Monster Towers should have any movement outside of normal aluminum flex. If it does please give us a call at 877-778-6937 so that we can figure out what's going on with your tower. Usually it's a very easy fix like replacing a bad bolt or something like that. There have definitely been updates through the years to make the tower stronger and even more stable than when if first ht the market.

Steve
Monster Tower