Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-26-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
Okay, so I just picked up this video in the form of Encore, and I'd have to say, it's completely sick. I know it's old and all, and that it's probably been discussed to death, but that was back in 04 when it came out. I want to hear people's opinions on it in relation to how it stacks up against more recent videos.

After having watched it probably a dozen times since getting it last Friday, I'd say it's soundtrack is one of the better ones... And Phil Soven eating it on that rail was brutal...

One thing I am curious about, is how is Encore different from Relentless?
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2009, 11:08 PM Reply   
Relentless has a great soundtrack, that is the biggest difference, Encore's remix had a pretty weak soundtrack. There is no Wing section and some of the other sections are different.
Old     (the_muscle)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-27-2009, 6:44 AM Reply   
Relentless has different editing than encore, different music for each section, and some of the sections had more footage....also Encore has the extra footy on the second disk with interviews, short videos, and other random things from the liquid force team. Encore is a good video...but i like the original Relentless better as a film.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-27-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
Watson's section is dirty
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
One of favs! Top 3 for sure!
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-27-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
One of the best DVD's but surpassed by Truth.
imho
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
I have to ask, why is the original relentless not for sale, anywhere?
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-27-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
I think it has to do with music rights. Which is the reason for the re-release and different sound track. I also heard they had issues putting it on Fuel with the original music tracks.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
the original relentless is hands down my favorite video. It doesnt hurt that they have Neil Young and Grand Funk Railroad! One of my all time favorite bands! The soundtrack is amazing!