Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-12-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Hey you guys. I'm finally sucking it up and going with a tournament tow boat. I've looked at a few different models and I have come across a beautiful 1993 Ski Centurion with practically no hours on it. Only problem is, I'm hesitant to put an offer on the boat unless I'm sure this thing is going to give me a sick wake. I figure it's a ski boat, so the wake probably sucks unless I load it with sacs. Am I right?

Anyone with this boat, can you give me a review? Thanks so much.
Old    atom_ant            07-12-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
What up? I've got a 96 Ski Nautique and there probably isn't a whole lot of difference in the wake and I know that without at least two sacks and some people in mine I'm not happy. I rode yesterday with the fat seat in the back and fat sacs on each side and three people and loved it. Yeah it's a hassle, but to me it's better than no wake.
Old    shiftywakeskate            07-12-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
i have a 1995 centurion lapoint. we had no fat sacs with 6 people in the boat and the wake was pretty big and gnarly. but ive heard that there was a different hull design between 94 and 95, so im not too sure about that particular model.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2004, 6:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate the insight. Anyone else have anything to add to this thread?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-13-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
Fat Seat or 1,100 lbs rear, 500 lbs front with 3-4 people and you should have tournament quality wake. You will have to play with line length for your speed.
Old     (sl8w)      Join Date: May 2002       07-13-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
I formerly rode behind a 91 Centurion Falcon. Poor wakeboarding wake, in my opinion, even with a fat sac. Don't know what model you are looking at, or if hull designs changed by 93, so this may not help.