Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-06-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
I live in Geneva, IL and I have been more anxious ever to get back out on the water after a seriously rough winter in Breckenridge, CO. If there is anyone in the relative area that is interested in lessons or simply early season shredding, please email me at Knotekskove@juno.com or phone me @(630)606-8512. Wakeboarding is my life and passion, unfortunately I am having trouble finding a job in the industry this summer down south. I am willing to ride in the cold conditions. As early as someone else in the area wants to ride is when I will be ready. Thanx guys :-)}
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Tom--I live about 35 mins south at Lake Holiday. Just moved into a lakefront house and hope to get out 3-4 nights a week. If you're willing to drive, Im looking to put together a small crew for a couple sets during the week. We have a VLX but "cant" run ballast due to lake rules. My cell is 815.739.7561. I have a follow up from ACL surgery today and hope to be on the water mid may at the latest.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-06-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Tom - hit up soulriders.com & midwestwakeboarder.com as well.... a group of us hit up Lake Clinton this past weekend.... So we are all itching to ride again...
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-06-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
thanx guys, i really did not expect replies so soon. i broke my ankle out on west, but i am counting on being able to ride in about 2 weeks, @this point it may have to be down on lake clinton
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-06-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
what kind of boat were u guys riding off of? what is the depth @lake clinton anyways? anyone throw down anything sick?
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
Yea dude definatley hit up lake clinton it really takes the edge off early season ridding. Took my first set out there March 28 in pouring rain, wind gusts at 20-30mph and temps in the low 40s... couldn't of picked worse day to start the season BUT the lake was 65 which is on the "cold side" and Clinton is HUGE with so many lines with wind protection and 10+ ft deep that we found great water in those horrid conditions. My buddy has been out there almost everyday and said the warm side is 78 which opened up a few days ago. I cannot wait until I transfer to Illinois state next fall so i can ride that lake everyday once one of our team member's private lake gets too cold.

Greg I could not imagine not being able to run ballast in my vlx because of a stupid law, how heavily do they enforce it? Oh man thatd be like being with a hot chick that is ready to go but is on her time of the month.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-06-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
...on another thread I saw the suggestion of handling a ballast ban by not using ballast...that doesn't mean you can't fill up the livewells on your Malibu fish-n-ski (one WWer went so far as to suggest throwing a goldfish in there).
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-06-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
We can fully sack it out. Its mostly just a thing where if you're being a jackass and trying to stand out, they will stop you and give you a talking to. Its just happened once, and we were sacked out, but they had no idea on how to check. We usually run around 6-800. It goes kinda along with the loud rap and not pissing anybody off. The first of every year, the security boat checks us out, we're respectful to the guy making 8 an hour, chat him up and no issues the rest of the season.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2009, 11:55 PM Reply   
Hey, I live around Peoria and was wondering what the conditions were like in Clinton. It's a little more than an hour drive from my house, and was wanting to get down there as soon as I could convince my dad to get the boat out of storage. So what are the water levels like? and how many ramps are open?
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
We mostly ski/foot, but I live in Wayne and skied the Fox three weeks ago. If you want a pull behind a Ski Nautique, drop me your number.

PS: Breck sucks, move somewhere else next winter!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
hey TomTom, I think we're doing fremont's Demo days again, its the first weekend in May if you want to come up here, we should have our boat in by then too, and I have a drysuit.

Call me up next time you come to your cabin.
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-09-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Yea 4 sure nick, i should be completely healthy by then, I will def plan on coming up that weekend! I will call u b4 i drive up}
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-09-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
If you're still enrolled at a school you should go to this that weekend:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/102954/680505.html?1239145837

Good riding and good times.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-10-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
Sent you an email. Were always looking for other riders on the Fox River so send me a PM
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-11-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
I will be out tomorrow afternoon to test ride/surf the new Axis on the Chain of Lakes...
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Kevin the water is going to be COLD!!!!!
Your the man......
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-11-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
How you been Paul?

Yea the water is a little chilly. Ive been in and out putting piers and lifts in. Drysuit, 7mm boots, 3mm gloves and hood. I barely even get wet!
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-11-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Kevin,
Doing good, just cant wait for it to warm up.
How you been?
I'm getting my boat out of storage next week and were talking of going down to Clinton over the weekend.
I'd like to take a ride in that new Axis some day, so look me up when it gets a little warmer or you need a 3rd.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-11-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Im hangin in there Paul. Ready for summer to say the least. We will have an Axis in the water ready for Demo all summer, so let me know when is good for you!