Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
ok its a little jumbled but i want the specifics. where do you rank the boards from best to worst in:
1) pop off the wake

2) speed

3) edge

4) all around top performer

5) graphics

thanks for the input.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-24-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
dude, I'll break it down for you. Forget about the parks. Very few people can ride that board and actually ride it good and like it. Between the Gonzales and the Substance, they're going to ride very very similar. If the choice is between those 2 you probably won't be remorseful in the end. Pick which one you like the graphics on better. I don't think it should matter what everyone else thinks of the graphics that YOU like.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
its funny that its between these 3 boards, between me and the two guys i usually go riding with, we have these boards(except his parks isn't a dna).. I might be bias but I think the gonzalez is the best in all areas, for pop we all agree on the Gonzalez, i'd have to say the substance is faster and edges better than the parks, although i've only had 1 run on the parks.. No board has S##t on the Gator in looks, but thats a matter of opinion..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-24-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
personally I like the Substance 138 graphics over the Ricky G, although the RG graphics are nice. I'd also have to say that a substance is more readily available through a dealer.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
DEREK HEY I TALKED TO BRADY AND HE SAID HE DOESNT THINK HE CAN ORDER ANY MORE BUT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOOK U UP SOME OTHER PEOPLE WHO CAN HOOK U UP WITH EITHER OF THOSE BOARDS. WRIGHT ME AN EMAIL WITH ALL THE SPECIFICS AND ILL LET U KNOW
Old    dunk11            03-24-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
I would not rule out the parks man. What is your level or riding? If you are just starting out I would definitely not reccomend it, but if you are a good rider I love my 138 Parks. I have actually only gotten to ride mine once, but the others I rode I loved. I don't know if you are looking for a new board or just want to know what people's opinions are, but that is my 2 cents worth.
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 11:22 PM Reply   
last year was my first year riding and i bought the parks right off the bat. i like it but i am now kinda wondering what else there is. trying to go outside the whole hyperlite thing.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2004, 12:45 AM Reply   
You might want to add a couple boards to your list.

DoubleUP Nelson
Blindside Blade
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-25-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
I know weight doesn't matter to many riders, but the Blideside Blade seemed like a tank! I think it took two guys to lift it out of the board rack.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-25-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Among the few people that have ridden my board, 4 of them own a Substance now.