Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
I'm looking to start up a wakeboard club in my area. There is no club within 100 miles but I know of several riders in the area who are interested along with my 15 year old son. Can someone give me info. on getting something like this started and the best way to run it (boats, gas money, etc.). Not looking for anything complicated, just about a dozen or so people wanting to get together to rip it, most are without boats. I'm trying to get wakeboarding up a going in this area and may form a team at some point for traveling and competing. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
At my college we had the need for a club, it was not functional to have it associated with the school so we set out on our own. We created a 501c7 Non Profit Org. and started the Central Coast Association of Wakeboarders. We are essentially a college club but are completely independant. Its all about finding people with the same passion. We are on a larger scale and have around 140 members, we have t-shirts, connections to local companies, put on demos/comps, learn to ride days for the community/members, travel to college comps and do day trips for our members. Most of the boats are owned by students. We are able to insure our Day Trips through the WWA (they are awesome!!!) and everyone helps out. Just be sure to cover your ass, and get people out riding. Our Day Trips, the boat driver gets a flat $50 and then a specified amount for every tow ticket the collect from the riders, tow tickets are $10 and get you all the riding you want. The whole thing is a lot of fun.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Where do u live i would like to join if u start 1
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Big, I sent you an e-mail.

Tyler, we are in south central AL just above the FL line.

My son competed in the INT league this year and we are trying to get more people involved in lower AL and NW FL.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-19-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
Allen,

more specifically where are you located? i'm originally from covington county but i'm currently in panama city. i ride with a group in lower alabama that might be interested in getting involved.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jessica, I live in Covington county and ride at Gantt lake. I think I know which group you ride with if the pictures in your profile are of you. The yellow MC looks familiar. Email me and I'll tell you what I've got in mind for our group. Just starting to get some ideas. Would love to have your group involved.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-19-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
I would recommend starting off by posting in the "find a third" forum. If you can gather a group that wants to ride it would be easier to get "critical mass" on forming a club.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
I've been tossing around the ideal of having a club started as well. But like you Allen, I simply dont know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-19-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
oh im in cali