Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
i have four speakers mounted to my monster tower and was debating on moving a set towards the back. ill try to get a pic attached. The left is what i was thinking of doing the right is what i have.

Should i have any issues with the speakers on that bar. Rope hitting them, Laying tower down bad sound becuase they are offset. My main goal is to try to push the speakers back to try to kick the sound in the front seats down a bit. Will this work? also what looks better (i will move the ones closer to the rear of the boat closer to the center the wire was only that long)
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
try again

(Message edited by o'briengotwake on June 18, 2007)
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I hope i got this down
Upload
Upload
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
here is what I have. no problems at all.

Upload
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
should be no problem. looks better too IMO. Go for it.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
hey those audioformz? any problems with the screw threads stripping out? i really need to send mine in to get the clamps replaced. how much gap you got inbetween your two clamps? they're supposed to be the right size, but even after sinching them down good i still have close to an eighth to 1/4in gap. may be why they're stripping out. i had to go get longer hex bolts, but my fear is they will eventually strip out as well. ronny has been wiling to repair them at no charge, but it's now been over a year and i have not had the time to send them back. probably less of a chance this season now as it's about to heat up. just curious let me know.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-19-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
You are better off keeping them on the same pole. Having speakers playing the same content from two different distances from the listener is never ideal. You will experience phase cancellation if you move them.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
Amen Mikeski!
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
next question would be how much difference will that make on sound in the boat if i moved all four out towards the back. My parents are old and i need every decrease in sound i can get. Thanks for the input so far