Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-25-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YvTNk3zTI
Our first time shooting from a tube, kinda rough at points and low quality but was a fun time. Will improve next time and I was concussed frome earlier in the AM so not too bad I guess...
Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
nice shooting. Did you have trouble keeping the tube inside the wake? If not, how did you do it? We always end up outside the wake and it messes with the wake
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Nice job! Did you use a waterproof housing?
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Not a bad first attempt. A little tip: Let the tube rope out a few more feet and Kneel on the tube instead of sitting. It will take a little bit more out of the bounce and your feet will stay out of the shot. Keep the videos coming.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
What did you use for a camera housing to keep water out?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-25-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
We often run the tube out behind the rider, and it makes for a really different perspective.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-26-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
we just baggied it up. Next time we do it, and I am going back to school today so it will be next year probably, we will use a different tube, this tube was flat on top, so that didnt help alot of the bounce. To keep the tube inside the wake you need to be real slow in the turn but even slower when you straighten out to set your line for the next pass. The tube doesnt whip out during the turn but as you finish the turn it will, so u need to straighten up gradually and slowly. Camera never got wet and it was my buddies old camera, so he didnt care if it got splashed, we were really careful. Thanks for the compliments/tips

Duane
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
oh jeez i guess everyone on here are wakeboarding instead of going to class. when your riding and getting ready to turn go to the middle of the wake and lower the handle down so the guy in the tube can grab the line and then just stay inside the wake or just to the inside of the turn then you can still hit double ups and don't have to turn real slow.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-27-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
we dont' have issues with the tube getting outside of the wake if it is at the right length and when you turn, have the rider lower the rope to the tuber to keep them in the wake.