Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (3star)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-22-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
i want to buy a tower and i don't know which to go with. Monster tower or a diywake tower. thanks for the help
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
monster tower hands down. Just my thoughts.
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
You can't go wrong with Monster!!!!
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-22-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
For the 2001 I would drop the extra coin and get a New Dimension tower. They look just like the old FCT's. I have one on my 86 and it looks great and is rock solid.

here is a link.

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/nautique/82-86_Ski.html
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2007, 1:27 AM Reply   
I recommend Diywake, there tower is cheaper and looks better but not only that i heard that you get rattling from the monster tower feet after awhile.
Old    malibu73            03-23-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
I have the Big Air Pylon tower and it is great. It does come in a lot of pieces and did take about 8 hours to install. I don't like all of the screws and pins holding it together, but I'm just being picky. It's really sturdy so far a pulls great. I never really liked the Monster Towers looks and when I used one it didn't seem that sturdy, but everything I have herd contradicts me. If I could go back and do it again I think I would buy the Big Air Pylon tower again or save up and go with the Titan tower.

(Message edited by malibu73 on March 23, 2007)
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hands down Skylon Fatpole with Skyrack. Go with the tower that has the best warranty and has the best look.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-23-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
This is the tower i have http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16984&cat=343&page=1
(I have the 2" model)I don't think you can beat the price. Mine's not installed yet but i know people who have this tower and they love it.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I got Monster Tower and would recommend it to anyone. I dont have experience with any other towers so I cant say its better but I like mine a lot.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-23-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I have had a monster for the past three seasons now. They have absolutlely great customer service. I over torqued an expanding bolt thingy when installing, monster shipped me free parts, for what I screwed up! Great company, with a great product.
You will not be disappointed with a monster tower.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-23-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
The dimension tower looks great but is pricey. I like how the joystick tower looks on the 2001's. I just got one, unfortunately for a bayliner, for about 900 including shipping. Pretty easy,to install, beefy(2,1/2"), and better looking than the monster or diy. 'Least I think so.
I think with the monsters part of how well they look has to do with how far apart you mount the rear and front feet. I've seen a few that I thought looked good but they were always mounted further apart.
Old     (cincystang)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-27-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Spend the extra money and get a nice tower! The 2001 in your profile looks like a sweet ride, but I have always been partial to nautiques.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
from one 2001 owner to another...dont do the monster tower, it just doesnt fit the lines of the nautique, either go with the new dimensions fct replica, or kick it old school like mine with a powder coated pylon.
Upload