Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I'm going to be buying '06 Zeus Bindings but don't know what size. My shoe size is in between 11 and 12 (probably closer to 12). It used to be 13, but my arches developed. I heard CWB bindings run small, but how small is small? An entire size? I'll be trying out a large pair tomorrow but will be unable to water test them. I'm hoping I'll be able to fit comfortably (no pinch points) in the larges, so I can have a more snug, secure binding, but I'm worried they'll be comfortable out of the water so I'll buy them, and then my feet will start cramping after some real use. Any suggestions for getting a good feel for the bindings on land?

Also, how does the width vary between L and XL? My feet are pretty wide.

Thanks guys.

(Message edited by JcV on April 24, 2006)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Jeff, I have size 10 feet and wear L's. I'd say XL's for sure.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
I have a wide 10 and a half foot and I had to trade up to the XL. Then last week by accident I got switched up back into a broke in set of Large...(dont ask) I thought my feet were swollen or something. CWB needs some type of size tag! I was happy to get my XLs back yesterday.

Either they run a little small or my feet are getting old sore and tender. Probably a bit of both.

Old    walt            04-24-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
They run small. XL should work.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Definitely run small. Wore a medium in the 04 Zeus and had to bump up to the large in the 06 Zeus. I wear a size 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe.

Recommend an XL.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-24-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
I have a size 10. I got the Larges and they were tight to start. Definitely go w/ XL.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
Yeh, I wear an 11-11.5, and the 05 XLs are a nice fit on me
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
Jeff, mine are XL...Dont you mean XL and XXL?

***he is trying on my bindings tomorrow, in case that made no sense***
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
my bad leo, i though yours were large. so hopefully they'll fit me perfectly, and i won't have to worry about playing the guessing game. size xxl would be excessive for size 12 feet right?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Yea, I think mine are 11-12. So XXL would be 12+
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
according to cwb, XL is 12-13 and XXL is 13-14, but if they run a size small like it sounds like i guess XL would be 11-12
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
would anyone suggest bumping up to an XXL?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
It depends on your feet I sold a customer with size 12.5 an xxl large and he comes into the shop as says they are perfect for his feet, but everyones feet are different. We tried on the Xls in the shop, and he demoed them but they were just to tight for his feet.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
i'm wearing a pair of XL's right now. my toes are in the right place, but my heels are pinched pretty good. is their a significant change in width between XL and XXL, or is it mostly in length?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
ouch, these things are killing me. my heels and the bottom of my feet are bright red. would XXL's give a little more heel space, or should i think about the torqs?
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-25-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
i rode the 05 Zeus the other day. Man i will be honest with youy....it was not my favorite binding. I had to make sure to tighten from the bottom otherwise the top portions of the laces will be tight but the bottom will not. Another thing was the darn lace locks were a pain to deal with in the water when I was tryting to get em loose. The last thing that really bothered me about them was what to do with the extra toe lace and anke lace that kept floppin around hittin me on my feet and legs....it was kinda annoying. On a more positive note they were super cushy on the landings. The footbeds were nice and thick. The prodigy I rode was definately too big for me although it had some great pop.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-25-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
05 and 06 zeus are completely different.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-25-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
I should really try the 06. I like the footbeds the best. One question....whatdo alll you guys do with the laces. I tucked mine into my anke....but two of them with super long laces. There should be some sort of clip or something.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
Jeff you can adjust the tension on the heel if you adjust the hinge, less or more, did they show that to ya at the shop you went to? It makes a big difference.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Jeff, they're actually my friends bindings (I don't have a pro shop nearby), so I still have them in my possession. How do you adjust the hinge? Is it easy to set back because I don't want to alter his set-up too much. I actually got to water test them, and they feel a lot better than they do on land. Only the back of my heel was bothering me, but if that can be fixed, they'd be perfect. I really don't want to go with XXL's since my toes are in the right place on the XL's, but I don't want to end up with cramped bindings either. How much do the Zeuses stretch? Thanks for all your help.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
The tension will get looser by putting some time in on them, but if you want to adjust the hinge then look at the screws that hold it into the foot bed on both sides and take out the screws, I do one side at a time. You will see a little adjustment with threads on the end of the cable just turn the end but you have to do both sides the same amount of turns. Turn so it comes in for tighter and out for looser. The more threads you see the looser it is and the less threads you see is tighter. It dosent take much so adjust slowly maybe a half turn at a time. Its real easy to do but takes a little time to get them dialed in.
Good luck to ya.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-26-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
On the top of the binding, in the rear, near your calf, is a little elastic tab. You pull on that and stick the excess upper laces through the tab.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-26-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
I cut my laces and made them super short. It cleans the whole thing up nicely. But as Chuck said there is a little doo dad that holds them up and out of the way.