Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-21-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
can you give your opinion on what the best bindings have been over the years and why you like them. also post a picture if you can...

this is my 03 ultras, they are very tight and have no straps or laces to piss me off so i like them a whole lot.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
I know they are out of business, and they are a tough binding to like, but I really like Collective development. They are really comfortable and give tons of support. They are actually a lot like the new Liquid force transits, just not as soft. I have always found hyperlite uncomortable, i think it is because im flat footed and have wide feet.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
Sol Bound, enough said.
Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
My 2000 byerlys lasted till last summer with no damage to them. I was very happy with those boots. Im looking for a new set of bindings now if anyone has any input on that.
Old    ridehyperlite            04-21-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Parks, comfortable and hold your foot in like no other if you have them ajusted right. they are awesome
Old    murrayair            04-21-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
The Belmonts from a few years ago were (and still are) pretty popular. I have a pair from '03 and they are still in excellent condition. I know quite a few people that have Belmonts and love them.
Old    wickedwake            04-21-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
2005 Liquid Force Transits....really havent seen anything that touches them.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
my '04 Ultras have been the best so far.

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-21-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
This is what I just put on my board. These are so easy to get on. I don't like it when bindings are so hard to get on.
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-21-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
I'd have to say my '04 RG1s hands down. I've had Gator Lace-ups, Byerlys, Nice Vices, Ultras, Super Sucs, 3060s and ridden Belmonts, Parks, PRS1s and 2s, and the comfort and hold are unmatchable compared to all the other bindings.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-21-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
My favorites have been my solbounds as well. I have the vandall boots and I fully dig them. This is so redundant, and I'm sure someone like joe has heard this crap from me many times:-) but I think they're comfortable, I like the footbed (which is thicker), and I like the adjustablity.

I seriously don't like the idea of having to use some sort of lube to get in my bindings, so that's another reason why I like these. I still ride with them and I'll be bummed when they end up busting. But until then, I'll enjoy every moment my feet slip into those white cinderalla binders that turn me into a princess...yes, yes, the slipper fits.

woah, i'm debating whether or not I should keep that last part in because it sounds so stupid.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
es, quit foolin' yourself...they suck!!!

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-21-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
sandal bindings.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Jared, what do you think about Double Up boots? You punk.

Personally I think the original Liquid Force Pro Sucs (yellow) were sick. Now the 2004 CWB Zeus' are cool. The 2005 are better but the 2004's have the better footbed.
Old     (rynron1722)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
Leo I ride the FS01 also and I agree they are super supportive and the angle adjustments were easy as well. For 2003 when I got them they were the best I could find. And I agree it looks like the transit took the basic ideas of the FS01 and improved on it. I love the support of the binding ( if the lace up wasn't so crappy I wouldn't even look at new bindings)
Old     (rynron1722)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
Just wanted to add how dramatically binding technology has increased since 2001. Just looking back at the old bindings they have changed alot
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-22-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
The new transits are the molded neoprene form to the foot right off the bat, no need to saok or break them in.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-22-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
Im a novice but when I am in the water trying to put my feet in the bindings and ten minutes later Im still trying its really annoying. I have a pair of Wettek 03's with lace ups in front and they go on really easy but fit pretty well to.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
Poser, you need to get some soap on them & put them on before you get in the water. Either on the swim step or on the engine cover. Then jump in. That will save you all kinds of trouble. God bless.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-22-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
At the time they came out, the 2001 Belmonts were greatness. Having that thick footbed was new along with the front lace up...ahead of their time!
Old    live2wakeboard            04-22-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
hey you all how is it goin i kno i haven't posted in awhile been busy doin stuff! But does any one have any input on the '05 Murray bindings. My local boat dealer said they were great on the water. I just need any input Thanks
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
HA! whatever joe, you know solbounds are like boticellies (sp). Ok, so the spelling may be off, but it's a joke from seinfeld...elaine had said shoes, and then this female cook blackmailed her for those shoes. (in order to help out jerry and george when the guy from NBC was going to eat at the restaurant.)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
botticelli's, thank you very much!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-22-2005, 10:00 PM Reply   
Still rocking some Bad Ass bindings..... Also love my CD's ..... wish I could have got my hands on Solbound before they went under.....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
whoa! that's hardcore right there....badass bindings!
Old    penny4urthots            04-27-2005, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have ran a few diff config's over the years, here is what I remember from newest to oldest. Many good opinions on this thread by the way...

This list spans 8-10 yrs of my various set ups:

CD AS02, CD FS01, CONCRETE HI-WRAPS(dunno model), LF- Ultra Sucs, DU- Colin Wrights, BADASS (stock set), A homemade pr of BADASS/wileys pro series, MUTINY wraps(concrete), Wileys pro series, NEPTUNE wraps(dunno model), and unfortunately my first pair were Hy93r7iT3 TEAM BOOTS(awesome paper weights for you corporate office types). The hypercrap I rode was when I was a rook to the industry and thought Jeff Heer absolutely ruled... Silly me!

Older, wiser, and more financially sound I now run the BEST binding I have ever worn in my life. COLLECTIVE DEVELOPMENT - fit, feel, function are all in mind with their line up. If you look at the evolution of bindings closely, you will see that Concrete/CD acted as pioneers that heavily influenced the style and technology that ALL of the other guys are using now (4-5 years later) I just bought 2 more pair of CD's so I can be covered for years to come. Unfortunately most wake enthusiasts know nothing about CONCRETE/CD's contribution to the current industry "STANDARDS" for binding technology. If anyone wants to hear more history, just ask Umali, JB, or "the semi-nude chef". They all have a firm grasp on the roots of this game.

And that was a penny for your thoughts...

... are you tired of the status quo?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
CD pioneered the synthetic/fabric revolution in boots. I could never get comfortable in their boots but they sure were innovative.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a bunch of this new look for 06..