Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-29-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
i have an 03 vlx and need a fat sack for the front walkway, any suggestions?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-30-2004, 3:07 AM Reply   
Fly High

Their covered fat sacks are very durable. Other compaines make decent product also.

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
I like Straight Line's Launch Pad brand, just because it has easily accessible openings on the top and on the ends. Check out their new rectangular one (440 lbs) for the bow.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Fly high is now making custom sacs. I saw one the other day and was talking to Mike from Barefoot International. They call it their bullet proof material. They look very durable and have better fittings then the waterbed type most people use. I am not sure but I think he said they would run about twice as much as their normal sacs.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
is anyone making a triangle sack for the bow of a boat?
Old    blr            04-30-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
gethighsports.net or boardersparadise.com both have custom triangle sacs you can order. boarders has them on their site, gethigh you have to fill out a quote form on line but they are really responsive. both also have custom rectangle and cylindrical sacs too. you can choose measurements as well as # of valves and valve placement.
Old    yellowdog            04-30-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I have the sack that Richard is referring to plus two of the V-drive sacks and have been really happy with them. I also have a letsgoride.com sack in the trunk and am happy with it; however, it doesn't have a cover and only has one port. Go with the launch pad - http://www.slsports.com
Old    cws_kahuna            04-30-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Fluid Concepts is making some really nice bags too.

www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-30-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
On EBAY you can get some from Bulletskilines for about $70. I've got the 700# that fits perfectly in the walkway. It also comes in red, blue, black or yellow, a nice change from the standard gray. I've only used it 4-5 times but so far so good. Comes with a cover.
Old    deiselgrover            05-11-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
I saw the Bullet sacs on Ebay also. I was wondering how they worked. Looks like you can get them pretty cheap. I am looking into getting a few, but I am buying a tower first. So let me know how they hold up for you. Here is a link to one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47363&item=3676513 676&rd=1

By the way, how easy is it to fill? Did you buy the 1100 gph pump? Are the nozzles easy to get to with the cover around it?

(Message edited by deiselgrover on May 11, 2004)

(Message edited by deiselgrover on May 11, 2004)
Old    deiselgrover            05-11-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Well crap. Let me try the link one more time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47363&item=3676513 676&rd=1
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-11-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
www.gethighsports.net

Big Bump's 700 pounds of silver fun, and I see they're offering 450 pound v-drive sacks and custom stuff too.

All's I can say is that Christmas is a great time to buy gear - prices are now back to full retail.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-17-2004, 6:27 PM Reply   
I have had great luck with my Skylon HD Fatboy... coverless, we fill it up, leave it filled, walk all over it in the walkway, its about the cheapest on the market too. Great quality, I will be purchasing their sidesacs this summer to compliment it.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
whatever is the cheapest. Gas is expensive. Regardless of the brand, if you take care of it as a decent citizen would...don't try to see if you can pop it, it'll last. Save $$$, buy what's less expensive and/or on sale.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
UPDATE: I've got a pair of skylon fat buddies that have only been used 3 times and I've got a leak in one of them. I haven't called them yet, but we'll see if they take care of me.

So far so good on the bulletskilines bag.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-19-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
I have the Fly High bags for sale. They are $150 with all fittings (3 hose bibbs, 3 plugs). The fittings on the sacs are not the typical waterbed fittings, but flexible elbows. The sacs are made of the same material as some liferafts and inflatable boats - a nylon reinforced waterproof fabric. They are 58LX18WX14H. The $150 also includes shipping in CONUS. Pictures will be available soon. This is OEM eqipment in some boats. I have not weighed it full yet, but rough calcuations have it at about 540 lbs. of water.

rider@boarditup.com
Old    sub_zero            05-19-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Letsgoride.com made custom sacs for my Maristar. They were good to deal with and will put whatever fittings you want on the sac, wherever you want them.
Terry
Old    tombugg            05-21-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
Fluid COncepts is the only way to go here!!!