Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-28-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
Still cant land this trick even with all the great feedback from evryone so i decided to post the pictures on here. We only have a ski nautique with a fat seat in, its a 1997 slalom boat so not much of a wake! Maybe this is a reason i donthave the hangtime in the right place to straighten up for the landing?

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-28-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
don't have enough hang time?? sheesh man, if you had more you'd have to write a book to have something to do.

height is not your problem. as to what is? look to pics 3 & 4. i'd say you're coming out of your tuck too soon. stay with the roll a bit longer. you want to almost overrate it. when you land you want to be landing like you were edging out on your toeside edge, chest over the board.

you have plenty of height and obviously good ts pop - just stick with the roll and you'll have it. i think the biggest problem people have with this trick is anticipating the landing (since you can't see it), and opening up too soon for it. you've got all the elements you need - just committ more to the roll and you'll definitely have it. everything else looks great!
Old    2wake            06-28-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
Look where you're looking in the 3,4 pictures. You're looking backwards and towards the boat. You want to be looking at the shore when you come around. This will ensure that you continue riding in that direction which is what you want to do on the front roll (as he said^ overrottating it will also help you keep riding away from the boat). You can see in the picture that your board cuts back into the wake and you're momentum throws you off balance. Other than that I would say you got it.
Old    chase            06-28-2003, 7:35 PM Reply   
I had the same problem for awhile. I finally got tired of racking myself so I concentrated on "over-roatating" just like the other guys have said. It is a really blind landing for me but if I don't abandon the roll I stick it!

By the way, it feels as if you will over-rotate if you don't come out of it early but I have only seriously over-rotated twice. It's not fun but it is a whole lot better than racking em' again.

If it gets too frustrating then try a Scarecrow. You will be amazed at how easy it is! Just dip your rear shoulder and let go of the handle with you front hand. I think it is way easier than a regular front.

Good luck and take some pics of you landing it when you do!
Old    ross_carter            06-28-2003, 9:08 PM Reply   
stay in a ball longer and look for the shore line
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! didnt land one today but think i will get it next time when ive recovered. scarecrow? mmm do i have to throw it alot harder or the board behind me. heard there are a couple of different ways but both crack your acorns?
Old    chase            06-29-2003, 4:21 PM Reply   
I actually had a much harder time with the front roll than the scarecrow (I did learn the front before trying the scarecrow though). You don't have to have any more air at all. Just dip your rear shoulder and let go with your front hand. You will be very suprised at how close you come on your first try!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-29-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
Keep the handle in a little closer for one. Second, keep you rotation going a little bit longer. Stay tucked a little longer and when you feel the board hitting the water keep your chest moving forward towards the shore. This should help you stand it up. Other than that it looks great.
Old    absolutofft            06-29-2003, 11:53 PM Reply   
what kind of boat is that you're using? It has the slopiest wake i have ever saw.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2003, 2:34 AM Reply   
aaron, the boat is a 1997 SKI nautique so the wake is pants even with alot of weight in it. Secondly the lake is only 5 foot deep and i have heard that affect it too. The lake is narrow and short so has alot of wash. doesnt matter what i try, even with a a boat full of weight i cant get it to peak or roll over. All of which i think doesnt help on inverts were vertical pop is required. I would love to do my spins of axis but dont think i should. The boat does not have cruise control or perfect pass system so difficult to hold the speed on a hard cut. basically i think i need to get a set of gold clubs? naaah.
Old    av8roc            06-30-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
Keep in mind hes turning too in that sequence...thatll screw up the wake prety good.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
Look at the direction you are going when you land. The board is pointing at the boat instead of the direction that you are going. Mostly due to under-rotation. Good luck.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
Ok, now that you all of talked about everything but the most important thing, try this. Andrew, Look at you shoulders when you leave the wake, they ae open to the boat. Do just the opposite. Litteralt turn your back to the boat. This will help keep the flip turning in the right diret and will close you on landing. Tucking/Holding longer/cutting hard will help, but the fundamental problem is at the top of the wake. Let me know when you stomp it.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-02-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thanks jason. i will try tomorow if i can get a ride. if not i will try friday. i tried today but the club was empty with no bodies, dont get thrown up enough! on a small wake if i cut too hard i get thrown forwards and not staight up enough. I may go behind an x star or something. i could do with a lesson.

We will see, thanks jase
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       07-02-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
Amen Jason, when you leave the wake it looks like you are tucking a scarecrow. Try looking at the shore when you take off and land to keep your orientation and your shoulders turned away from the boat. Also think about landing cutting out. It looks like you are expecting to land on your butt.