Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-04-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
I need so help guys and I hoping you can help. Im trying to find a replacement for this piece of my san. This is the piece on the left side of the driver where the clarion remote goes to controll the deck. I have taken out the entire system and gone with sony becuae of XM radio. I am hoping to find a replacement part without the indentation for the remote so I can put a sont XM10 remote there to control my deck. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-04-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
Oops forgot the picture. Its a 2002 SAN LE in case that makes a differenc.
Old    tclagggym            09-06-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
Just fill it in with some fiberglass etc., paint and there you have it.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-07-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Check out Grant's homepage. He made one out of carbon fiber. If you don't have the skills, maybe he can make one for you at a price!
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-07-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
It should be quit simple to replace. Get some hardboard (MDF) and cut it to shape and such. Then cover with aluminum foil, cover with resin and some fiberglass, pull MDF off of fiberglass and then cut to size, sand, paint and cut your holes. You'll also have to put a couple posts on the back to attach it to the dash.
You can get fancy with carbon fiber but, that would take a bit more work and know how.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com