Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Hey all, I wanted to ask a question regarding these bindings. My buddy bought a 04 Byerly 142 with 04 CWB Zeus bindings...these bindings are hard to get in and out of, and I don't know if its cause they arent broken in or what. The bottom has been loosed out as much as possible and still tight. Anyways...My friend is learning to board and we bought a cheapo Hyperslide 142 with the Hyperslide chaser bindings. The bindings worked well till the velcro strap on the top isnt holding and working right. We took the Zeus bindings and put it on the beginner board and he said everytime he gets up he is faceplanting because he thinks he has too much toeside on the edge and the boot isnt moved back enough. I was hoping you all could provide some help on location and angle, as he says the outside of his left foot is hurting too. I'll take some pics hopefully today to show you what I mean. He loves my CWB but says it is a little too fast for him...Anyways...any help is appreciated. Also, do these bindings ever get easier to use and run with...My Hinges have spoiled me though..lol..
Thanks!
Old     (bhurt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
i had these bindings for a while and they were also a pain to get in and out of. Slime helped a little to get in but it was still a five minute struggle to get out (granted i was at the edge of getting the next size up). I ended up taking the overlays off which loosened them a lot but still had decent support which probably would be ok since your friend isn't going to be going huge for a little while. it is only two small screws on each side. hope this helps a little
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Well, We loosened those screws to the farthest out on the strap that we could, but it was still tight..Would it be all right to just take the 2 screws on each side out...We didn't know if he would just fall out of the binding and struggle to get back in...They are definitely a pain of a binding. The bindings are XL and he wears about the same size as me (11-12), so size of the boot should be fine. Also, do we need to adjust the boot farther to the heel side since its sitting toe side heavier?
Thanks for your help
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-29-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
I think my favorite boot of all time was the 04 Zeus, granted I haven't ridden them in a long time. They were like many boots of the time, you needed soap and then they were easy to get on. One thing that I was told years ago is when getting boots on, first think about jamming your toes as far forward as possible while keeping your heel out of the way. Once that's done stand on your heel and lift up on the back handle, with a little soap you are in.
Old     (bhurt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-29-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
i agree they are a good boot but just a pain sometimes. i took those screws completely off... it still leaves support just not as much as before and it gives your foot a little more space, you will just have to pull the laces a little tighter to get a more snug feel...
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Awesome, I will pull all 4 screws off and he can try it from there. He was saying that the strap was so tight he almost didn't have to even pull the laces...Maybe this will work better...I'll try (again) to get some pics tonight to get your all's opinion if it is too much on the toe side of it...
Thanks
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
Before and After pics, just thought I would post and see if you all thought it looked right...
Upload
Upload

After

Upload
Upload