Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I just picked up a sweet deal on an amp but have no experience with it. It is an Audison LRx2.4 and am thinking about picking up a pair of WS Pro60's to drive with it. The amp is rated at 130x2 @ 4ohms. Is this enough power on the 60's. Is anyone familiar with these amps. Are they usually underated for their power. I have heard the sound of these is outstanding but again no first hand experience.

Tim-if you could give some feedback that would be great.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-31-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
Heath,

Audison makes amazing products, I am friends with the owners and engineers there. The amp you mention is made in italy and is under powered. It will have plenty of power for the PRO 60's or two pairs of PRO 60's if you add to it. It is a class ab amp and they like to run a little hot. So maybe add a fan just in case.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
You sir have stumbled upon a veryyyyy upper end amplifier! Very $$$$$$$$$, so hope your getting a smoking deal.

I used to use Audison for Sound Q comps. Audison or Brax, two of my fav. brands if you can afford em.

Audison makes the Hertz amps, which is what Tim had in the Wetsounds RZ4.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Well it gets even better. I picked up the LRx2.4 for $315. After speaking with the dealer turns out they had a demo LRx4.5 which has only been on their board since December and he let me have it for $330. Is that any amazing deal or what for these amps. I think they sell well over $500-$600 retail.

Now I only have one delema. I purchased the LRx2.4 for my tower and now what to do with the Lrx4.5. Is it worth replacing my JL HD600.4 thats in my boat driving the in boat speakers or should I put it in my truck and replace my JL 300.4v2. I am leaning toward using this in my truck as the benefits of the SQ should be more apparent then in the boat.

From what I have heard both amps are amazing in SQ.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-01-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
Heath, I have an audison 5 channel powering everying in a pontoon boat I bought. Like you I stumbled on a deal I couldn't pass up. I've been very impressed with it.

Keep the HD JL in the boat for effeciency reason, you'll never get teh SQ benefits of the audison in your boat. I'd put it in the car.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-02-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Tim,

Rumor has it that Audison is the manufacturer of your new Wet Sound Amp line.

Is this true? If so you have struck gold. From a quality aspect it does not get any better than this for a partner. I know Audison is not the most widely know company on this site but man you should be proud and take advantage of letting people know about this. This speaks volumes to the quality level that your amps truely represent.

Heath
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-02-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
Heath,

Our SYN amps are not manufactured by Audison. We were working with them in the past on amplifiers and have many prototypes built by them with designs that we co developed but based on the costs of them. It was not something we could bring to market that made sense. So we now work with Robert Zeff on the design of our amps. Zeff was the original founder of Zapco who sold the company to start his own engineering and design company. And now designs amps for us and Arc Audio. Which, like the Audison are some of the best amps on the market. So we fell that this speaks volumes as you mention to the quality of our products.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-02-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Tim,

Total agree that you have still put yourself in great company with Robert Zeff.

Heath