Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Any suguestions on replacing/upgrading the stock plastic T-'s that go between the exaust and the shower, The stock ones are plastic and after time and heat they start to stretch and water leek's around the hose clamp. Im sure they make these in brass just wondering where I could get some???

Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
Grant- Have you tried Orchard Supply Hardware, they have a whole selection of brass fittings in the plumbing section. You might have to piece it together to get your desired diameters. You should be able to get the tee and then bush down for the 90 coming out the top.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
OSH has a much better supply of these things compared to Home Depot. Plus, Home Depot is often out of stuff these days (I think HD is loosing it). I bet Lowes has a good supply too.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
last resort is McMaster-carr or Grainger. I prefer McMaster-carr they are super fast and have a huge selection of stuff.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-13-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
Grant,

Another completely different approach is to pull the hot water from the block like I did in my 1995? There should be a removable plug in the block similar to the water temp but on the other side. Just put a brass feed line in that instead?

You could also try the poly fittings from these guys, they should hold up better than the PVC to the heat: http://stores.ebay.com/TANKS-MORE they have almost everything