Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (didierz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-19-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Finally finished the auto ballast on the PS 205v. I took it out today to play with the weight setup. What do you think? 900lb sumo on right rear, center full @ 300lb and me and my 3yr old son on right. Looks alright but water temp is still 68 in Texas and I can't let my 3yr drive quite yet.Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by didierz on April 19, 2009)
Old    surfdad            04-19-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Sweet! Show us the details: switches, wiring, plumbing - everything please!
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-20-2009, 12:03 AM Reply   
Love the look of the wave. Can I get some more details about your new auto ballast system. I am trying to design mine from the ground up... Pumps, switches, wiring, plumbing???? Thanks!
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-20-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Looks like a good wake
Old     (didierz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Thanks, I will get all the photos together of the build posted up tonight. I started with a two pump, 4 solenoid valve manifold setup but found out that to get a positive opening 12v solenoid valve to work in both flow directions is tricky. Most 12v gate valves are positive pressure activated and it is difficult to get them to lift off their plunger seal when the flow is reversed from there normal flow direction. All the valves I found require to much pressure difference to help left the heavy duty plunger. I went with 4 Johnson 13 gpm impeller pumps fed in sets of 2 with 1 1/2" scuppers with ball valves. The two rear sumos are fed by two Johnsons that allow either both to be filled independently or you can flip the switch and drain on bag at a time. The nice part of this setup is if you have the left side sac'd up and need to switch to a right side surfer, the left bag will pump into the right and the right side will draw in its own supply from the hull scupper, effectively fills twice as fast when both pumps are on. The front and center bags are pretty straight forward, Two pumps, two overfills and two check valves. I used a 30 amp buse style fuse block fed directly off the battery and back to the pumps using 10gauge all the way back. I'll post up with some more specs when I get off work. Looks like total weight is 1800lb rear, 300 center and about 275 bow. Probably more than needed but I wanted to have options in the future.