Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
2009 International Water Ski and Wakeboard Federation World Wakeboard Championship started today in Korea.

Today in Jr Womans USA riders Corrie Dyer scores 57.58 and Holland Finley scores 64.47 Both pass thru to finals.

See full results here http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/wakeboard/2009WakeboardWorldsDay1Results.pdf
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-27-2009, 3:47 AM Reply   
Chris- I think that it is a really cool event. It is an international venue, exposes the sport, has big crowds, (usually, not sure about Korea and no World Cup with it).

But- you need to talk to HQ. The website usawakeboard is not current. I went to it and its latest entry is at least 3 months old and the only photos are 3 years old. Why doesn't someone keep this up. Why not post result the next day? Day 2 is complete. I know USAWaterski.org is kept current. I also saw where the poll about adding wakeboard to name was in favor but just barely. JUST BARELY. This is a waterski organization that still views boarding as an anomaly.

This is why wakeboarders are loathe to have USAWaterski involved and I rue the thought of them actually running the sport. If they would take their head out of their arse they would call the organization USAWatersports and dedicate at least 50% of their resources to wakeboarding. How about tweeting the results? I know Hair is over there and he can tweet. How about some decent coverage. How about some wakeboarding in the mag?

Chris- I know you are doing what you can but boarders are very hesitant to jump on board. I admire your dedication I just hope you don't become another one of the casualties of that org. Many a people have tried to change things and eventually they move on to bigger and better things like the WWA.

By the way- INT is hurting too. Maybe you guys should talk- seriously.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
Adam Fields and Austin Hair advance!

"The top performances in the Heats so far in the Men’s Open Division have come from Giuliano Molli ITA, Adam Fields USA, Nikita Martianov RUS, Austin Hair USA, Ireland’s David Coates and Nick Davies GBR. Davies is a past World Cup winner and a hot favorite in Korea. Surprisingly, past Wakeboard World Champion, World Cup star and Pro Rider, Jeff Weatherall NZL, did not make it out of the Heats and neither did the experienced Yong Il Kim KOR. In the Women’s Open Division, China’s ChenLiLi, another experienced World Cup star, looks very impressive and has a large local following. Strong performances were also achieved by Bec Gange AUS and Raequel Hoffman USA. In Junior Women, the Singapore teenager Sasha Christian continued her winning streak by topping her Last Chance Qualifier Heat (LCQ). With more LCQ’s to follow, some of those who missed the mark today may yet make it through. "

Taken from link below
http://www.iwsf.com/dbheadlines/showarticle.php?id=370
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Wow, Weatherall didn't advance.... Go USA!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-28-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Just looked at the score sheet, I think Weatherall did get thur. Here is the score sheet
http://www.iwsf.com/dbheadlines/headlinefiles/2009WakeboardWorldsDay3Results.pdf
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Smeele & Weatherall are through.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-29-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
29Aug09 Final Day of Competition finishes in Chuncheon

Team Champions
Australia
USA
Italy

Podiums
Wakeboard World Champions

Open Women Wakeboard
Raequel Hoffman USA
Ashley Leugner CAN
Chen Lili CHN

Open Men Wakeboard
Adam Fields USA
Brad Smeele NZL
Austin Hair USA

Master's Men Wakeboard
Luke Matson AUS
Duncan Zuur NED
Daniel Duquesnoy FRA

Boys Wakeboard
Bradley Teunissen AUS
In Sang Jung KOR
Parker Siegele AUS

Girls Wakeboard
1 Giorgia Gregorio ITA
Sara Di Lelio ITA
Sophie Schollum NZL
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-29-2009, 11:06 PM Reply   
Yeahh adam!!! Congrats USA
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Great Job Raquel. Congratulations