Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old    ryanbush            04-09-2007, 2:04 AM Reply   
ok guys, i've been riding an 04 parks 133 for the last couple years, I've tried alot of boards and this one fit my riding style the best and i haven't even been keeping up with the new boards in the last couple of years. well by board along with some other stuff was stolen out of the slip on labor day weekend and I need a replacement...

I would like a board that gives alot of pop but is still quick enough to not have to take huge cuts into the wake to land out in the flats, pretty much want i want is something that rides like the old parks
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Parks is coming out with a new board with Ronix. It's coming out either mid '07 or in '08. If you have a friend that would let you borrow his board for a while i would suggest waiting for Parks Ronix Board.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
Is the new hyperlite imperial the same thing as the old parks?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
No, heres what it looks like:http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard8.asp?ProductID=3470

It sounds like it would have a similar ride, but it's wider in the middle and has molded outer fins instead of removable ones.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Ok thanks. in the pics it just looks alot like the parks from the top view. I havent seen one in person yet.
Old    ryanbush            04-09-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
thanks for the heads up on the new parks, what was the board hyperlite had out a couple of years ago that had the cut outs on each corner?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Ryan that was the Byerly. They were out 04-06: http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard7.asp?ProductID=3072
Old    alanp            04-09-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
ryan i was going to suggest an older byerly. preferrably a dna model if you can find one. the board bucks the crap out of you but is quicker than a parks. im sure there are newer models that will do the same, ive just yet to ride any. maybe an absolute?

http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard4.asp?ProductID=1613
Old     (jetpilotz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Hopefully that thief will blow out both knees on your board man. You can't replace a parks, just get another one, you know you want to.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
I've seen a lot of auctions for Parks lately. You could probably pick up a used DNA core Parks for less than $200. I payed $220 for one about two years ago.

I was riding the Parks and the Belmont/Motive and ended up switching to the O'Brien Natural. Best decisions I ever made. It pops great like the Parks, holds an edge really well like a Parks, but is tons more forgiving as it can break loose when you want it to.

Parks board changed in 05 and I thought the changes were terrible. If you liked how 03-04 rode you'd probably hate 05-06. Maybe Parks will bring us something really different this time?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-09-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
Ryan ~~ I'm with Andy and say carma is a bitch. If you can wait for the Ronix Parks then great, but I would suggest take advantage of you local marine shop's demo program. You might want to jump on ebay and pick something up till your new board comes out. I picked up the 05 parks really cheap and lot's more to choose from.

P.S.
Never rode but check out the Natural by CWB!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2007, 1:33 AM Reply   
i think you mean obrien natural. lotta talk about that board recently
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
thanks for the tips, how does that older byerly ride?