Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-23-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Anyone have any feedback on this brand? I see them on a couple websites but have never heard of them.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-23-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
I saw the lights up close a few weeks ago. They look good up in person, but are small.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-23-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Good product... their products will definitely send the other MFGs back to the drawing board. Well-made product, too. The boys did a lot of research before they sent it to market.

They offer a "metal-flake" finish for their accessories (in addition to chrome), which is basically a brushed & clear lacquer coated aluminum. Looks sick with brushed towers (most of the towers out there), and it doesn't weather the way chromed aluminum does.

They have some great features a lot of MFGs don't offer:
**boardracks ship with all clamp sizes
**quick-release (if you're concerned about theft)
**"axle" style mounting system that makes them easily adaptable to any tubing angle
**option of adding another "arm" onto the rack (for a total of 3 boards/rack).

No, I don't rep for them, I just was looking into picking up their line before I dumped my pro-shop manager position. Great guys, great product, great responsiveness!
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       10-23-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Where can you see their products? Their site is under construction if I'm looking in the right place.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-23-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Anodyne is correct. The Dbot5 stuff is very well designed and priced right. For 2007 Dbot5 will be adding a speaker line, swivel attachments for use with any Dbot5 rack and also some very unique stainless steel racks.

You can also add the surfer attachments to a set of racks and carry up to six boards, including oversized surfboards, using only two racks.

It is very nice stuff.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-25-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
07 Dbot5 site is on the way, meanwhile you can check out the goods at buywake or boarders paradice. Also here are a couple
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
Old    4sher            10-25-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
We use this gear (racks, lights, tower-mounted mirror) on both of the Inland Surfer boats. It looks and works great and has proven to hold up to daily use and abuse. I like that you can add a third "fork" to the racks so you can carry 3 boards with one rack.

I saw the Sling at Surf Expo and the knob on the top allows you to lock and unlock the swinging arm. You give it a twist and it unlocks the arm which then swings freely. You can then lock it into one of several positions. It seemed really easy to use. I haven't heard the speakers yet, but knowing the effort put into the rest of the product line, I'm confident they will be quite good.

These guys spent over 2 years on R&D before they were ready to bring their product to market. You can tell they put a lot of thought into this stuff.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
I dont get how the sling works. Do you have any pictures of it in use?
Old    4sher            10-26-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
The part on the right attaches to the clamp which attaches to the side of your tower. The spline (i think that's what it's called) attached to the board rack. The pic shows the sling in an open position. When it's closed, the rack is in a normal position on the side of your tower. Then twist the knob on the top to swing it open and access your boards from inside the boat.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-26-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
here is a visual, the other end goes on our clamp to be mounted anywhere
UploadUpload
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-26-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Wow.
That is cool as hell.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-26-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of the lights in action. I really like the fact that you can mount them sideways. The lights are all the same color, they change color depending on the viewing angle. So on my tower, they always looks like two different colors. I also have the wake racks with surf strap on that you can see in the daytime pic and the mirror which wasn't on in the pic. All the Dbot5 stuff looks and works great.

Tim
Wet SoundsUpload
Upload
Upload
Old     (kdm)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-27-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have a set of the racks and would not trade them. They rock!!!! Good and sturdy with a lot of weight on them. Great Product!!!
Old    davekeith            10-27-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Nice setup...that's a V23 with Triple Up...right? Did you buy the cupholder LED's from the place in Lewisville?
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-28-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
new Dbot5 site is up, www.dbot5.com
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-28-2006, 6:09 AM Reply   
Tim I wanna set off of that MB
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-28-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
whitie, any time!! swami has my cell. call me.

Tim