Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    wiscorider            09-30-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
We are looking to get order a vlx and wondering what tower we should get. My dad likes the illusion x and the blade because it does not affect your view. My thing is if they are strong enough to not put stress cracks in the gel coat and will they flex alot.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Get the X, i have not heard good things about the blade. The X is a solid tower.
Old    sl4ppy            10-01-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
I have the X as well, and it does NOT flex. My old boat had a Swoop, and it flexed a HELL of a lot more than the X does now.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-01-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
We have the titan on our LSV. no flex, very solid.
Old     (kdm)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-01-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have a swoop tower with speakers and 2 hydrofoil racks and 2 wakeboard racks - it flexes a little, but in my opinion it is strong.
Old     (boatdoc53)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-01-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
May the "X" be with you... The Titan is also very strong/solid.
Old    byerly137pro            10-01-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
According to the Malibu dealer the Titan Tower is the strongest factory offered tower on the market, something about how it has no points on it where it can fold over.