Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-12-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Whats up all - I was just wondering if anybody has used a knee brace for their jacked up knees? I twisted my knee funky today and it hurts - going out tomorrow and was wondering what a good brace is? Thanks
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-12-2007, 11:12 PM Reply   
Anyone? What about those neoprene sport braces? would they work if you pulled a muscle or nerve in your knee?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
i'm guessing it isn't a pulled muscle or nerve if you say it is something that happened after a one time crash...you probably strained your mcl (inside of knee) or acl (outside) a little bit. i would say your safest route (at this point) would be to get a double hinged brace...from my experience the other sleeves & wraps don't do much. i believe you can pick something like this up at a sporting goods store...if not you may want to try like a specialty sporting goods store (more of a smaller one, compared to Sports Authority or something). i'm not a certified doctor or trainer...just my two pennies.
Old     (gretchen)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-13-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Kani

I ride a CTI2 Innovation Sports brace. It is one of the top of the line braces for many different sports. It has a life time warranty (i think), measured specifically to your leg & knee, & comes in a lot of different colors. They are expensive but if you are able to get a prescription through your insurance then usually the cost is not too bad. You can check them out at www.isports.com. I highly recommend them.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
pretty sure you would have to get the prescription through a doctor and not your insurance. if your doc doesn't have the braces there you would have to go to place that your insurance company says is a "qualified provider" (or some term). i just picked up my custom fit Breg two weeks ago...$1950, but with insurance i only paid $245.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-13-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
Mayn....I didn't know knee braces were that expensive. I think I'm going to have to settle with one that they have on a shelf at a sports store. The military wouldn't cover something like that for an off duty sport. Are those braces just for riding? Thanks for the info.