Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Wanted to let you all know about a site I found on line for my lightbar stock. They have a great selection of square and round tube stock, but I just needed a 1"x3"x48" rectangle tube. What I got was a customer service experience that was pretty nice. I had a few questions related to the product that were answered quickly on the phone while I researched what I wanted from their online inventory. I waited a day to place my order since I was trying to save a buck or two. Then decided to use this company - www.onlinemetals.com

I placed my order online and as normal web purchases go received a confirmation, then a short while later the tracking info. Normal deal, most web sales do this and it's appreciated. However the day of delivery I got another email confirming it will be arriving that day. Since I forgot about it, I quickly called my neighbor and asked that he keep an eye out and take my items to his house. (seems people take my ordered items at times) Anyway, I was surprised and it went a long way with me just because the reminder aided me a bit. The aluminum tube is top notch. I'll have pictures up. I'm chroming it so I'll post before I have that work done..
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-22-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
How much is chroming going to run you?
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
do you have any idea where to get the black plastic caps that fit into the ends? and thanks for the link.
Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Craig, chrome for me will be $21.00 on this 48" light bar.

Shane, I am digging for the caps as well. I have not found anything, but will post here if I do. Please do the same should you beat me to it.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-22-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
$21 -- is that a special price for you?

I'm actually going to build a light-bar as well, and was going to pick up my bar stock from onlinemetals.com the next time I'm in Seattle. If chroming at $21 was an option, I'd probably go that route.

I asked the question about end-caps about a week ago and Adam Curtis sent me a PDF on building a light bar..

http://www.fitness-equipment.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2efitness%2de quipment%2ecom%2facatalog%2fFitness_Equipment_Acce ssories_1%2ehtml&WD=ec3x15&SHOP=%20&PREVQUERY=SS%3 dEC3x15%26PR%3d%2d1%26TB%3dA%26SHOP%3d%20&PN=Fitne ss_Equipment_Plastic_Caps_and_Inserts_For_Tube_Ste el_257%2ehtml%23aEC3x15#aEC3x15

$2.29 each.

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-22-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
You might want a quick connect plug too. If so check this out: www.action-electronics.com
Old     (emay)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Craig, it is a special price, and as you say just for me. I recently closed my custom motorcycle shop but stay connected with many of my vendors. Chroming happens to come very cheap to me obviously, the money I save usually is made up by my carry in side work that I'm doing every so often. Chrome work, powder coating, and translucent anodizing were our specialties.

Thanks for the email craig with the pdf.. the end cap info is just what I needed..
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-24-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Here is a link to some DYI projects, I put this together a while back, should have enough info to find and make your own light bars and tower speakers.
http://wakeupdesigns.com/t/pdf.htm
ENJOY
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-25-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
I am building my own light bar/speaker cans...i called this company - caplugs.com - they only sell in bulk, but if you tell them you're starting a company they will send you TWO free samples of end caps in black plastic. I actually have 1 x 3 and called back - said my order changed and needed a 1 x 2 - got two free ones of that size as well. check them out... here is the item number - ask for this one -End Caps RER 1X3-14-20 - when you call and make sure you say "i need two of them to make sure these will work for our projects..." corny, but they'll only send one if you don't specify.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-25-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
my bad craig, i see you have some of the same info i have...wasn't paying attention. anyways, that's where you can get endcaps that work great and are REAL cheap!!