Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-21-2006, 9:44 PM Reply   
I'm playing around with weighting my 05 21V. Last weekend we put around 450 more in the front and 85 on each side in the back. The wake seemed to have more volume and was bigger but could not get it to clean up when I put the wake plate to halfway. The best the wake has ever looked was when I had 8 people packed in the middle of the boat. I think most people are running around 1100 up front and 500 on each side in the back. Any help would be great.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
A lot of us are actually running the 650# bags in the back. The old stock front locker bag. I think 650 is the rating, but maybe it is 500. If it is not cleaning up you might want to check your speedo. I brought out a GPS and found I was driving slower than the speedo said. I have since adjusted it. Probably just need to speed up. You will also want to pull the line in some. How far back are you running your line?
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Diggs
The line was at 65 and pp was set at 24.5. If we wanted to ride any further then that the wake was curling over. Have you ever put weight in the middle of the boat?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
I ride at 70-75' and no need for anymore weight, but if so we have the weight forward the more curl generally means you are going to slow or too much weight in the back. Check your speed with a GPS... I bet you will find your prob
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I dont own a 21v, but 24.5 mph seems really fast for only a 65' rope length. I ride at 65' and only go 22.5.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
Diggs,
How much was your pp off?
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       03-23-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
I don't have a 21V, but I've got a 22 SSV which is fairly similar. I have the 500 lb sac up front and two 500 lb sacs in the rear, but I don't completely fill the sacs in the rear because I have another 250 lbs of lead back there. I usually fill the rear bags about 2/3rds full depending on how many people I've got in the boat. I put the wakeplate anywhere from 1/2 down to all the way down depending on what the wake looks like. I used to ride 75' rope length at about 24 mph, but I shortened to 70' and slowed to 23 mph. It took me most of last summer to get it absolutely perfect, but it's a finely tuned wake now.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-23-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
It was off quite a bit actually. I think origianlly I was running at about 26+ on PP to clean it up. Felt like the right speed and then got the GPS and was dead on around 22-23. We then adjusted the PP and it was good to go after that. I should have my new 21V all ready to roll here in a few weeks and will be able to see if it is having the same deal...
You will get it right, but the handhelp GPS is pretty key. Especially if you are running in rivers with currents to find out where you really want to set your PP.