Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-28-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
^^^^
A couple of clarifications:

1) The Calabria Pro-V2 is indeed loaded. The racks and tower speakers are not pictured because they took them off while it was outside. The last quote I got from the dealer was $33,200. That was a month ago.

2) You may be right about depreciation, but I can't imagine trying to sell a lime green Calabria... now or five years from now. That's like 2 strikes against it... Strike-1 for being a Calabria (I like them, but most people haven't heard of them) and Strike-2 for being lime green. If the economy is anything less than sky high in five years, that would be Strike-3... just bury me in that boat. It's scary.... that's all.

3) Neither the X-1 or the VTX are repo boats. Both are local trade-ins. I agree the $40k sounds high... for BOTH of them. I could get a brand new '08 VTX for $43k right now (breaking news).
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-28-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
Wow, do the new one for 43k. Especially since the used one is 2 years old now and you would have to add racks and speakers to it.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-28-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
i'm with brett on that. plus it's a win for everybody (excep the MC dealer). you get the boat you want for a few bucks more a month, you get a warranty and a the BU dealer wins and hopefully takes great care of you. hopefully the bu isn't lime green.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-28-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
^^^^
New Bu has no racks or tower speakers either. In fact, depending on which one I pick, it might not even have a deck or cabin speakers.

It might still be worth it.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-28-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Compare the options of used vs. new. I know everyone will say something about the age, but certain options do add up at resale.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-28-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
http://boardersbestbuy.com/
^^^ just in case you buy the bu'....
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-28-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
ixfe,

I prefer to buy boats w/o stereos because the ones that come with it are usually junk anyway. IMO, paying interest on $2k of crap audio equipment doesn't make sense. My method... and it isn't perfect, but it worked for me, is to pay for audio equipment as you go and pay cash. You have Christmas's, B-day, Father's day etc etc... keep asking for gift cards, speakers etc. and in 18 mo you'll be good to go!

-Uj