Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
i dont see what the big deal is. so what their boards/boots look the same so do a lot of other wakeboards/boots/bindings. ALL companies copy each other. look at the snowboarding industry. for the most part, every single company puts out identical products from boots to bindings to boards.

hell even car companies buy each others outdated hybird systems and toss them in their cars and call it their own.

i'm with the others that enojoy riding flex to jib but stick with a traditional board behind the boat.

(Message edited by romes on January 22, 2009)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-22-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
It's a big deal jr, I have trouble figuring out why you can't see that. It's SS's patented technology, and they just aren't getting as much cred for it. the board shapes are the same almost identical,

tell me that a Hyperlite and LF have the same shape and then I'll believe that a lot if other companies copy each other.

And as for snowboarding, it's almost a constant battle as to who is taking what tech from someone else. Magna Traction, Rocker, etc...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-22-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Slingshot makes Company's stuff.
Who cares?
The biggest thing that bothers me is your cuticle on your finger. Those hurt so bad. Take care of that thing.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
of course they all have the same shapes...they all makes board with continuious/3-stage/hybrid rockers. all the bindings are basically the same thing w/ different materials and colors. so some boards are wider and longer than others, they're all made basically the same way. they all have foam and glass. i could go on for days. but i wont cuz i value my virtual breath more than that.

dude just came on from CO and stated that in a rush to get bindings out they bought old technology from SS. that doesnt mean they're biting what SS did it means that SS SOLD something that was obsolete to them to someone else. if SS doesnt care why should you???
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-22-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
^^^ exactly
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-22-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
traditional boarders...

you wouldn't get it.
Old     (company)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-22-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Nothing was ever rushed...

Everything that you see from Company has always been in the cards.

Love,
Company
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
whatever...rushed not rushed...

red jacket green jacket who gives a shiat!!
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Fo' sho !
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-22-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
yikes!!!
isn't valentines day the up coming holiday?
where's the Love?

......-- --
...../..\ /..\
..../....\/....\
....\........../
.....\......../
......\....../
.......\..../
........\../
.........\/

man i suck at doing these e-mail symbol pic things, but.... it is the thought that counts....

to company, slingshot, flexers, non flexers, to everyone
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-22-2009, 11:19 PM Reply   
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
So I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
But yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
They wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sorry couldnt post the song so i figured the lyrics would work
and im going to take jrs side on this he is 100% right lol
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-23-2009, 5:15 AM Reply   
Settle down all you keyboard warriors! Its cool to express your opinion and all, and hats been done. Now this is just repetitive arguing. If you dont like Company, then dont buy there product. But as far the guy that made the post, sweet set up!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-23-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
There is a very easy way to solve this. Someone in Orlando just needs to goto Performance and demo both boards. Ride both boards behind the same exact wake, take photos, take video, then write a review. I will be home in 4 months and will be happy to do it, but it seems like there will be an all out war before then.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Foam all the way ! :-)

well platty core special cwb foam :-)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-23-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Doesn't it seem strange that you don't see guys doing 9's on flex boards?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Not really. Most of the guys riding flex is cause they like what it does for their style, and while a 9 is a tech trick, it's not very stylish. You see plenty of huge 7's grabbed and poked, and stomped, and a lot of those guys could take it to 9 if they applied themselves to it, but choose not to! You don't see a lot of Nuc rolls, or skeezers, or tootsies either.

Watch this guy, this is my roommate, super stylish, has the spin on a 7 and could take it to 9 within a month on the water, but probably won't. His 7's are super stylish though.

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
i saw parks doing a 1080 on his FM board. i bet that is a sweet board...
...anyway, i don't mean to turn that sentence into more argument. we all know it comes down to abilities and style of the rider more than the board itself, and the fact parks DID land that trick on an old styled two finned board is AMAZING!!!

i have said once in other places, "even IF slingshot boards did not give me more pop (which i feel i really do get more) or even slightly less for that matter, i would still choose to ride slingshot because of the soft landings, overall feel, and funness the board gives ME."
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-23-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
funness is not a word...oops
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-23-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
most funnedness.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-23-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
I like the idea behind Company and other rider owned board brands. As LF Jimmy Redmond said in LF Truth that the investors have so much control and they won't let you try certain things and they micromanage. I respect that riders are being smart about getting return on their OWN investment.

But the only thing I don't like so far is that their whole marketing campain has relied on hype and mystery while not really offering *I.M.H.H.O* the much in the way of "new" products or improved technical progression. I also think it's important to give the tech specs to the riders.

When I compare a board I scrutinize everything. I demo many boards. I want to know about bottom contours, the way the edge changes from middle to tip/tail, etc etc. I am just not IMHO seeing that and I'm not going to buy a board because of hype.

I like the hole pattern although I do not think it is a large benefit. I like the idea of flex (disclaimer I have not ridden a flex board but I don't think that disqualifies my opinion) but if the board loses all/most edge and bottom features I can't say I think that's a good tradeoff.

I also am not a fan of buying boards/bindings etc that are last years model for another company. I know the molds are still good and the boards too, but you're selling it as a new model when the same board sells now on ebay/used for $100.

If you aren't developing new technology and getting riders to improve their shapes, then what is the company doing? I am not accusing anyone specifically of doing this, it is common in this industry and many others. Just not for me.

Ride a brand new LF Watson and you'll see what I mean. Rolled edges, and the best concave out there to break the flats landings. Overall light board that doesn't break the bank (coughsub6cough). No offense meant just sharing my person thoughts.

(Message edited by wakemikey on January 23, 2009)

(Message edited by wakemikey on January 23, 2009)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
wakemikey pretty much sums up what i think is a lot of the frustration that people might be feeling. For all the hype and mystery, it just kind of sucks to see someone elses technology. As for rider representation, Im all for rider owned companies. But it really bugs me when the riders talk about their products and they dont sound professional. I got a chance to really talk to Danny Harf about Ronix and his shapes and his ideas. He was incredibly professional and really knew his stuff. I didnt go out and by a Ronix, but it did give me even more respect for the guy, and i pay a LOT more attention to him any time i see anything on him.

Respect to these young up and coming riders and companies is going to be the hardest thing to get. Great marketing can get your attention, but if you can't keep that persons attention, than they feel as though they have been let down. Our sport is still tiny compaired to just about any other sport out there, I just dont think there is the support right now to support company's hype, and instead they need to start focussing on what they can do for the industry and make it more open. This is the most open i have seen them and im very glad to see that.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-23-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
It seems I have caused quite a frenzy of paragraphs.
Old    wiz            01-23-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
it's kinda funny considering hyperlite, liquid force, cwb, obrien, gator and others have been reinventing the wheel for the past 10 years or so.
Old     (jordanrs)      Join Date: May 2007       01-23-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Do you guys even realize who is behind Company wake? I Mean the founder of company is JUSTIN STEPHENS!!!!! I don't know about you but when i think Justin Stephens I think nothing but the best in wakeboard videos. The guy constantly has the best video hands down! What makes you think that it will be any different with his wakeboard company. I mean think about it Justin always puts 110% into all that he does and I'm sure company is no different. Keep up the good work for Justin! the wakeboard industry needs more guys like you.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-23-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   

quote:

but if the board loses all/most edge and bottom features I can't say I think that's a good tradeoff.

i felt almost entirely the same way when i first learned about slingshot, but the whole flex thing giving the softest landings imaginable made sense to me. I don't have bad knees or anything and i have never broken or tore anything and i'd rather like to keep it that way, so softer has always been my game.

Slingshot's reasonings for a featureless bottom seemed to make sense anyway, which was to preserve an even flex pattern through the entire board. molded in fins and channels would create ridged spots and not allow the board to flex as well in those areas... also this is the same reasons for the 4-hole inserts, to preserve flex

I found immediately that the ride was not as slippery as i imagined it would have been. The "slipperiness" (or "looseness") is partially what gives the board its "fun-ness" ;) Not only that, but i feel it has taught me to rely on my edge better.

Before riding SS I would define my riding preferences as -- 3 stage, wake to wake riding, superior tracking, mellower speed and agressiveness. my last foam board was the 2004 (can-opener) Byerly, which is quite a giant leap of style change.
but now i prefer a much much looser board, and I have found myself becoming more aggressive and enjoying going into the flats here and there. i might switch to continuous at this rate... I'll have to give one a try some day again.

-------------------------------------------------
But, back to the bottom features thing. I am definitely really curious about Humanoid. I personally IMO think they are taking the "flex with features" thing in a better direction than LiquidForce. If it really is possible to keep the same "soft" flexy feel of a SS with the additional benefit of a center-spine then that would possibly result in an EVEN softer landing... but at the same time i have a hard time thinking that the center spine will not, make the board more ridged and possibly counteract the soft-landing-benefits of the flex. only time will tell i suppose. If it does turn out to be a really progressive idea, it will begin to pop up else where too, like we see with all progressive ideas!

AND i suppose only time will tell what will happen with Company-Wake.... and any other company for that matter. Sure their (Co.) product might not live up to the hype and expectations that imaginations have created in some of our heads. BUT i think everyone can agree that their team, the people involved, HAVE INDEED lived up to the hype and mystery that Co. have put out in the past. If it had been the month of April we would have all taken it as a joke that Randall was aboard Co. as well as the rest of the team. I bet they will concoct some amazing stuff in the future as they have noted.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
cwb rules all in Boards! enough said :-)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-23-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
Ya it's all debatable. More power to the people like Justin Stephens and their riders who are willing to make this leap of faith. I do certainly have confidence they will continue to develop the brand an make their mark.
Old    wiz            01-24-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
imo, if u haven't rode a flex board then u have no room to talk. if u have & didn't like it then fire away. i just know that flex makes it more enjoyable for me. i used to be only a wake 2 wake rider because of a bad knee. with flex i'm able to land incredibly softer, allowing me to go bigger. which also makes it more fun. i may be wrong, but it seems that flex allows me to ride away from more stuff i shouldn't too.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
So Kevin Hoye,

how is the flex on your "Humanoid something or other"? how does it compare to the S.S.? stiffer, like a LF press?... i am speaking in terms of a using-your-hands-to-flex-the-board-test.

i tested the Ennen and Milissa at a boat show and they seemed about as flexy as the Lyman and not quite as flexy as their press, due to the bottom features is my guess. but LF added more prominant features than humanoid did.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-24-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
stiff mid section, flexier tip and tail. would say its way stiffer than the recoil. im sure more will be released soon.

on a seperate note, i think stiffer is going to be better when it comes to certain riders. im 6 foot 210, and when im coming down from the flats im gonna be able to flex that board plenty, but i dont want a "wet noodle" going up the wake.

*and for the record, i am no way connected to Humanoid, their wierd and quirky graphics caught my attention so ive just kind of followed them, kind of like Byrom and SS. I will say they are reallllly nice guys, and their hospitality will be great to have in our sport
Old     (hsryan33)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-24-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
that board looks sweet! i wonder if people will keep switching over to flex boards like people have from open toe to closed toe bindings? is there even a company out there that doesn't offer a flex board these days?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
not gonna happen.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
my dad refuses a cell phone... old people just don't understand.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
is that what you do when someone doesn't agree with you, you resort to insults?

if i worked for slingshot, i'd tell all the flex "supporters" on wakeworld to stfu and stop making them look bad.

(Message edited by dakid on January 24, 2009)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
I know where old-style board riders come from, there are some great ones out there... I love the Monarch, Marek, Ibex, and Shane but I hate heavy boards, hard landings, and not straight up pop.... the only way to get away from all those and stay cheaper (not everyone is a famous movie maker and is rollin' in money) is flex. Super light, poppy, and easy on the legs for half the price.... and MADE IN THE USA!

If it didn't work they wouldn't make them
different strokes for different folks.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-24-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Haha Joe I'm guessing you fall into that old people category eh? Flex is a different ride. Some love it and some don't. It all comes down to rider preference, but people can rip and throw down on either style board. This isn't the case for everyone, but some people just do not give flex a chance and just dog on it. You cant just take one pass on it and say it sucks. It takes a little getting used to. And for those who still don't like it, that's cool. But as for me, flex is awesome!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
not bad for an old guy riding foam, eh?

Upload
Upload
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-24-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
Not bad Joe, if small wake jumps is the kind of thing your in to! I hope I'm still rippin like that when I get to the ladder years of life. Looks like that 07 Shane suits you fairly well. I used to ride the Shane until I tried my Slingshot. I am hoping to get the new SS Reflex at the end of this summer. Its a progressive 3 stage board. I love the Lyman, but enjoy the softer landings I feel on the SS.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-24-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   

quote:

is there even a company out there that doesn't offer a flex board these days?

YES actually! CWB and Ronix both seem to have pushed even further from the "flex-trend." both ronix and CWB seem to be making stiffer and stiffer boards. when i read the board descriptions and marketing i see stuff like, "the nose shape was changed to make an even stiffer but snappier result..." (i am paraphrasing here). Gator and J-Star also do not have "flex boards"

Hyperlite has the Roam, but depending on who you talk to they may or may not consider it a "flex board," depending on their definition... reason being, the roam is the most "wet-noodle-like" flex of all the boards out there.

Byerly's boards both market a "flexy" board (mainly in the tip and tail) but not sure if everyone out there would consider them as such

Obrien has the only flex board with an EVA based foam and with a waranty for rails.

Slingshot, Company, Humanoid, and SINE are all devoted to flex only (presently... i guess "presently" can be added to this entire thread)

LF, Humanoid, and SINE are the only ones providing "hybrid" boards--> flex boards WITH bottom features... apparently the best of both worlds seems to be the cry

Sooo... again, those withOUT flex period are (X4): Ronix, CWB, Gator, J-Star... unless i am mistaken, and if so, someone point me in the right direction
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2009, 11:09 PM Reply   
I heard through the grapevine CWB is working on one for 2010

Ronix had the covenant
J-Star ???
Gator ???

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on January 24, 2009)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-25-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   

quote:

if i worked for slingshot, i'd tell all the flex "supporters" on wakeworld to stfu and stop making them look bad.

...and it takes Zach less than four hours to prove Joe's point. Nice.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-25-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
How long has Sine been around and who is with them ? Never heard of them, but just checked out their site.
Old     (hsryan33)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
what's sine's site? i've never heard of them. jeremy, i saw how you said some people don't consider the hyperlite roam to be a flex board. the roam board started the whole idea of having flex boards i think. to me it's just not a modern flex board or better yet, a different style of flex board riding. it baffles me that nobody has told hyperlite to put fins on a roam especially after a company like slingshot is around.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-25-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
http://sinewakeboards.com/
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-25-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
http://sinewakeboards.com/

I just took a look at it. WOW, I am very impressed. I can't tell if it is just their marketing but this brand could be big. I looked over their custom board, and that is one amazing concept. It is definitely worth a look.

But although i'm reluctant to buy a flex board, I am interested in it. it is really too bad the wake scene is small in Ontario, I would be really interested in demoing a Hyperlite Roam, or slingshot. I'm confused, why would someone not call the roam a flex board if it the board with the most flex? Although it is different, I would say that it is the perfect example of a flex board.
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-25-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
Someone needs to take a chill pill... DAVID! Ever heard of a sense of humor to lighten the mood since this thread was becoming pretty heated? I was not being serious to Joe, hence the smiley faces we sent back and forth. Im thinking all those hard landings from those foam boards has led to some built up anger
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
Who is riding for Sine?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-25-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
I agree with Blake that the custom board on the Sine site is a really cool concept. At $750 they aren't cheap, but it's definitely a cool idea. It's neat how you can get a customized bottom graphic on those boards too. From reading about them on the site they seem like pretty nice boards too, but I'd never heard of them before.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   

quote:

I heard through the grapevine CWB is working on one for 2010

Kool

quote:

Ronix had the covenant

Exactly, "HAD" just another thing to show their "flex rebellion" hahaha just kidding.

the editor's note "Flex Appeal" in the latest WBM was interesting. it said this about ronix

quote:

Others don't want anything to do with it [flex]. The Ronix boys, like Danny Harf and Chad Sharpe, keep wanting to make their boards stiffer, and they are some of the greatest and most innovative riders of all time.

it also reads else where

quote:

The Hyperlite Roam was the first flex design that really opened minds, and more recently, Slingshot's lineup really turned some heads.

Yes the Roma IS a "flex board" but more specifically (In My Formulated Opinion) it is a rail specific flex board that is also fun to mess around with on the wake... key word being "mess around." it seems it was never geared to be a serious board for the wake (but for '09 they widened the mid section so maybe it might be even more wake friendly. now they just need to add fin options as has been said). SLINGSHOT (and Co. and some others) however, IS geared for both wake and rails.
I really don't know how much the Roam inspired slingshot. (i am thinking little to None) but for me i will always consider slingshot the stone that started the ripples of the "revolutionary flex trends" we are starting to see (be it pure flex, hybrid flex, or whatever.) no matter where my allegiances and preferences for brand/type sway in the future and no matter what happens to slingshot in the future, I, personally will always consider them the innovators of Flex boards,... just like I will always consider Wake Tech to be the turning point for twin-tip...
... or to make an even more similar historic comparison. I think many would consider the LF Shane closed-toe boot the start of the closed toe trend, despite that years before, the Sub Rosa boot existed. Sure there is examples of "flex" before Slingshot, but they were ill-attempts for a trend to stick. again, same with the multi finned Trip. multi fins were out years before, but it was the idea of shallower, longer based fins (as compared to hte huge 1-2" deep fins) on the Trip that changed wake history. I think you get the idea, History is full of this kind of thing (and not just in wake)

things are getting/gona get crazy:
"flex"
"flex for rails"
"flex for wake"
"flex for rails and wake"
"hybrid flex"
"flexy tails, stiff center"
"flex with features"
etc
etc

on forums we tend to be quick and shorten all these specifics to the broad singular term, "flex," again this would describe my meaning of, "depending on your definition of "flex""

I think both ends of the spectrum (super stiff and super flexy) will continue to exist into the future, but i think a good portion of the population (boards and riders) will be aimed at a hybrid of some sort. this is just my prediction. a prediction that is somewhat based on the historic trends we have seen and are seeing that i fore have mentioned.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
ohh and i know nothing about Sine... just learned of them yesterday really and know no more than what you read on the site... ohh except for this
http://www.shapelogic.com/Portfolio.shtml#
there are 9 pics to cycle through

i learned about Sine from this thread
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/662344.html?1232867161

Seems Sine wake is already selling and is nearly full up and running. totally weird I (we) have not heard of them. just popped up out of obscurity it seems, completely opposite of Company wake. (the last comment is pure observation and not meant to attack Co. or Sine, just f.y.i.)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 25, 2009)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Yeah Zach, you tell that punk kid! Dave needs to chill out! Those tough landings are getting to him. That and his crappy job.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
dude you make the longest posts every.....
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
jr, I agree...this may be his part time job...?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
haha^^^ but my gain is pretty much a smile and satisfaction for my wake deprived soul.

that is just my writing style anyway. I tend to write extensively. i was always the kid who had to cut stuff to fit within the length requirements of school assignments instead of B.S.ing to fill in the minimum requirement or fudging the margins or changing the font or making all the periods larger (an excellent trick by the way and quite undetectable, but i never had to use it, I just know of the trick)

... i thought of another simple(er) idea about all this flex stuff---> the term, "flex board" was not coined or really used like it is now until after Slingshot... unless i am mistaken
Old     (coyotesexual)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-25-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkwf1steC9M

Travis Propst, TS FS not 900.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Jeremy wanna right my papers for me??? lol
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
he works for slingshot. oh wait, no he doesn't, but maybe he's wanting to 'cause i've never seen so much ass kissing towards a company since ci...nevermind.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
i'm just kidding jrod, al, evan! (well, about you guys i am.)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
Ha, Joe...I couldnt have said it better myself...Oh wait...crap, I ride a Slingshot...Hmmm...
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-25-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
why so serious? Everybody needs to take a big chill pill. Joe, sick pictures, I haven't seen any of you riding yet, just some of your work behind the camera.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
thanks josh. i wish i could find my balls to get my tricks back. unfortunately, they're still MIA.

eder, i actually have friends that ride for slingshot and company. i also have friends that work for slingshot. they have a blast and talk about their gear, but they don't try to shove it down my throat. i respect that.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-25-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Joeeeee - I am totally on your side homie! FOR ME, the best thing I have ever done is changed from any setup I have had to a slingshot...and that is all I have to say about that. With that said...

Joe, PM Sent
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
The dudes that ride flex need to chill out. We get the picture. Flexboards are revolutionary, we need to go demo them, they will change the world, they will cook us breakfast etc.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-25-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
I am shocked this thread is still alive.

Any bets that BBB will have company stuff at some point for much less than retail?
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-26-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Joe, why are you getting on people about being really pumped and wanting to express their views on slingshot? Maybe more than what you consider OK, but why bash someone about always supporting slingshot even if they do not ride/work for them?
That is kind of beat. Just my opinion. Flex is awesome. If some people do not like it thats cool. If someone likes it enough for every post they make to be about it, that is cool too. More power to you for supporting a company that cares about each and every one of its riders. A company where the rep actually knows his riders names and will get them their product when they need it. Not a company that one of their pro riders will place 7TH on the PWT and they barely give him any recognition for such an awesome accomplishment. Sometimes it is not just about the products but the company! But with SS you get the best of both worlds. I am sure its the same for Company. Also, why not support a company that supports the US economy? SS and Company boards are made in the USA not United Arab blah blah blah. So That is probably one more reason why people seem to be "kissing ass". If expressing my views on a companys that boost the American economy is "kissing ass" then get me some lip stick! HAha. Anyways, Board and bindings look good Nick. I hope you have fun on it.
-Clay

(Message edited by eyekahn on January 26, 2009)

(Message edited by eyekahn on January 26, 2009)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-26-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
Nick's setup is RAD

My Setup is Awesome

Everyone else's setup is great!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Oh...and I ride a slingshot...pshhh, hahaha!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Didn't i hear Joe say something about insults earlier? huh joe? i think the "ass kissing" comment was near bordering insult? ... on a friendly-banter level i am guessing... but still.

THe last thing i want to do is shove SS or anything else down people's throats... if that comment was in any way directed to me. But i can understand why a few respond/ react to me that way.

It is like tasting and discovering an excellent cake. I would say i am just a noisy eater. I just sit in the corner here, with a framed photo of Lake Powell in the background eating my cake all while exclaiming, "mmmmmm, MMmmmmm, MMMMMmmmmm, yum, yum, Yum, sooo tasty! MMMmmmm...
and so i tell other people, "Man.... mmmmm... you gota try some of this." some try it, some like it, some ask about it, and i'll respond with a lengthy description of its flavor in my answer (which makes up several of the posts above). and some are just like "OK Ok ok... i get it! so you like the cake! can't you just eat in silence!" am i right?

but I am always trying to support the other flavors and be helpful about the other things out there whether or not i have tasted them... i do my research and try to learn about the ingredients of everything on the table. and yes there are Byrom posts out there without a single mention of slingshot...

as for a job goes... what could i do? my wake skills are nothing to brag about. i live in the middle of no where with pretty much no local wake scene and tiny wake stores with no flexboards. i speak Chinese... oops, Slingshot is made in the USA (but i don't have any experience in manufacturing anyway). one might suggest i be an online rep?... well wasn't there a big argument/controversial thing recently about representatives on wakeworld? i think that would rule me out there. I am not being negative to myself, just being realistic.

on wakeworld i feel like i am given a chance to feel like a shop representative, a shop that sells EVERY wakeboard out there. It is fun to help peolple out, hear opinions, learn new stuff, teach stuff, etc. etc. every shop rep has their favorites to point out, mine would be flex boards in particular.

that is how i see it and how i feel about it and it is a rewarding feeling to spend time on here with my wakeworld family. I (friendship)love you guys.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
sorry Nick (and anyone else who thinks they may like an apology..:-).) that your post has been seriously hyjaked over and over, i feel partially to blame do to my questions about how the bindings compared to SS. i totally did not mean for it to become war kinda thing and then progress from there to other things.

still would love to hear your experience on the water when it comes time

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 26, 2009)
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-26-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
wow, are yall kidding? I thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute.. thought I was gonna read about a some new gear from a new company.. and someones new setup.. Feels like I just spent 30 mins of my life reading the script for the young and the restless.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
Hahahaha this is too good. It's fine though Jeremy, you just trying to help people it's completely cool. I really liked the cake story too .

Yayyyyyyy!

Hahaha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-26-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   

quote:

Didn't i hear Joe say something about insults earlier? huh joe? i think the "ass kissing" comment was near bordering insult? ... on a friendly-banter level i am guessing... but still.

really? you can't tell the difference between what zach said and what i said?

quote:

It is like tasting and discovering an excellent cake. I would say i am just a noisy eater. I just sit in the corner here, with a framed photo of Lake Powell in the background eating my cake all while exclaiming, "mmmmmm, MMmmmmm, MMMMMmmmmm, yum, yum, Yum, sooo tasty! MMMmmmm...
and so i tell other people, "Man.... mmmmm... you gota try some of this."

that's fine. but if you kept at it after i said, "maybe later," i'd tell you to stfu. and if you still kept at it, the chef would probably say, "dude, stop shoving the cake down their throats. you already said how good it is. they'll try it when they're good and read. stfu already."

quote:

and some are just like "OK Ok ok... i get it! so you like the cake! can't you just eat in silence!" am i right?

yes, you're right. stfu already.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
ummm
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
ok ok, joe, but if i am talkin' to someone else about the cake, you don't have to listen... sorry if you believe i have pushed you too much joe. I (and others) respect you despite your somewhat grumpy kind of attitude... or uhh grumpy but informative... but yet entertaining... AHH Shoot, i think you all know what i am gettin' at? i do mean it in a good way...just lacking the words

If anyone else feels the same way just let me know and i will quiet down (towards you), but again, i think i should be able to answer questions and tell new people about the cake, just ignore me, don't have to read it.

last thing i'll say to you specifically Joe is to make sure you use a utensil (bindings) you enjoy to eat WHATEVER flavor of cake. and then come to the Powell Bro Stock and i'll make you a complementary panCAKE customized with your name on it... or "shane" or even "flex sux" if you really really want me too and then i can finally test the LF Shane too ;)
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
flex sux hahahha
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-26-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
Not one post on here did Joe rag on flex, not once. I see where he's coming from and I'm a flexer myself. it's not fun to have anything shoved down your throat be it cake or flex boards, so even though you're passionate, there is no need to bug everyone out on it ya know. People just don't care that much. I made the switch, and I'm happy about it, but at first, I never thought I would switch to a flex board. There's no need to shove it down their throats, especially someone like Joe, who knows enough people that ride flex, or could go try one out if he wanted to.

Much respect, Joe.

ONE LOVE

Shred til Death

Josh
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
I don't get how he is shoving it down people's throats...

He obviously knows a lot about flex and answers peoples questions. It isn't like he makes millions of topics about flex or anything like that.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
I don't get how he is shoving it down people's throats...

He obviously knows a lot about flex and answers peoples questions. It isn't like he makes millions of topics about flex or anything like that.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
i didn't say joe raged on flex... or maybe it was the comment about putting "flex sux" on a pancake? that was more for a joke or even to the point that he could had the flapjack back and make me eat the words... literally... for a joke... ;)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on January 26, 2009)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-26-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
I never said any names, but Joe's, no need to take anything personally, eh?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-26-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
But mannnn I am really really sorry if people feel that strongly about my excitement being "shoving...". I am not gona ignore other peoples questions just because some don't like to hear it though. that's not fair. or even just the posts about new things- responses to my own questions and answers i know others are wanting to know.

even if i don't respond within a day or more (or even less sometimes) because i am at work or on a trip, etc. i sometimes find,
"cue Jeremy Byrom.."
or
"where's byrom..."
posts from someone else
the reputation is stuck... but i am kool with that.

some think i and others come off kinda strong, but even some of the quotes from the slingshot riders them selves are pretty strong (i.e. "the best thing since twin tip" and more)...... But, yes i know! they are not posting it in multiple places, but that is because it is on the SlingShot site, this is a forum... and that's is what makes my point. we are all at the same table, hearing and seeing the same stuff some have just been hearing it longer than others and may not be so keen for ignoring it despite it may not have been directed specifically to them while others have not heard.

i don't disregard other boards, especially if they are the subject of the thread
and i sure as heck don't disregard the cliche of Demo Demo Demo! (not saying anyone is saying i do, just covering my bases) But i know there are tons of people who can't demo or even SEE the product personally (like myself, in a small town) so i will be descriptive and lengthy, just how I PERSONALLY would like someone to do with me... thank goodness for companies like HY and LF doing their video reviews/descriptions of their product. makes writing as simple as "ctrl-c ctrl-v"... wish i had those for my first boards. keep it up you guys! Jimmy Redmond, you rock!

But hey, i will really really try to calm it down if that seems to be the consensus, just bare with me and the flex comments that are in-line with topics ( i think you will all find most all in not all are)

i like to keep things happy and cheery no matter the topic