Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-02-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
I was just on Alliance Wake...wow...thats not good stuff man......check out the "Not Pretty" section..Apparently Andrew fell, took a knee to the teeth. They were definetely right...not pretty...ranks up there with the worst injuries i've seen from boarding.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-02-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
I took a knee to the teeth last weekend.

6 of my front bottom teeth were jarred loose and chipped all over.
my top left canine tooth was half gone, and all of my top teeth all had significant chips/pieces gone.
its kinda scary coming out of the water spittin your teeth out...so now i wear a mouthguard.

apple sauce and oatmeal for a couple weeks
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-02-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
how'd u fall tho? the only way i can think of is compressing from like a raley or tantrum or something. i've work a mouthguard on and off depending on what i'm doin, but this definetely gives ya evidence on why to wear one.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-02-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
it was just a big HS air into the flats towards the end of my run at 7 in the morning...idk what happened lol

(Message edited by cwb_fooguitarlz on July 02, 2007)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-02-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
I think I'm going to vommit. That was gross.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-02-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
ouch

http://www.alliancewake.com/article_details.php?id=3052&page=1
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-02-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
Damn that last set of the day!!!

Get well soon man.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-02-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
That had to hurt.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-02-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
I've kneed myself in the chin underrotating on a 3, when I did it my chin and mouth hurt like crazy but I had no chipped or loose teeth, I guess I got really lucky.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Yea, i bet that was his last trick of the day. That looks painful.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-02-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
That sucks! So sorry to hear about it. Get well soon mate!

I smashed my 2 front teeth out skate boarding years ago. I used to wear a mouth guard for a few years after while riding, (wake/skate/snow etc)...but not in the last few years.

Any word on what trick Andrew was attempting?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-02-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
It's apperent that those pictures were taken after the morphine!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-02-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I split my bottom lip this year on a 3 attempt. same think, knee to the face. Could have been a lot worse. I've thought about sddinga face mask to my helmet for learining new tricks.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-02-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
poor guy. Hope surgery went well.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-02-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Andrew sounds okay today. He said they actually had to do a bone graft to replace a piece that chipped off, but he is recovering at home. No solid food for 2 months.

Hey buddy, if you are ready this, get well soon.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-02-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
no kiddin man....good luck Andrew!
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Can he ride at Kelowna?
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
No solids for 2 months that’s kinda rare. I used to work as a oral surgery assistant and the only time people were on a no solid was if they were wired shut. An personally had a front tooth knocked out when I was younger. It could be soft foods on the front of the mouth till that area is healed and whatever they decide to put in front is in (crown, partial)And the rest depends on how much meds he is on.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
ouch... I kneed myself in the nose a week ago, blood everywhere. I didnt break it though. It was on a b/s 3, i usually get em everytime but the wake white capped on me.

And my buddy tried a cab-roll and kneed his chin and split it open... 3 stitches worth.
Old    malibu73            07-02-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
I've kneed myself in the chin twice. First time I chipped and loosened a bunch of teeth and second time I had to get 8 stitches on my chin. I tend to watch out for the knee now when I fall.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-02-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
i kneed myself once on a backroll..I used to have braces and the metal literly peirced throught my lip.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-03-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
A guy in my crew took a knee to the face recently and broke his nose, fractured his cheek bone in two places and fractured the orbital socket in his skull in a couple more spots. Had some serious hemmoraging behind his eyeball. Gotta give him props though cause he stuck around while we had some brews before he went to the emergency room.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-03-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
I split my chin open on my knee..I landed on my upper back, knees came into my chest then my head hit the water and went right into my knee...split it wide open and needed a few stitches. I was ready to keep riding until i felt my chin and my finger went in it.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-03-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
brett: What was the guys name? I have a feeling I might have met him
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-03-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
I was doing a TS front roll and I when I landed my front two teeth went through my bottom lip and stuck into my knee! I had like 11 stitches 6 outside my mouth and 5 inside
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-03-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
lol, im riding in a hockey mask from now on.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
I've split the skin around my eye socket one time falling while barefooting. Worst part was the intern at the ER scrubed it so hard it felt like he was using 40 grit sandpaper!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
I did same thing on a tantrum off a d-up.....Landed and took the knee straight to the chin. 13 stitches and 6 fractured teeth 2yrs later I am still not consistant on that trick like I was back then......DAM MENTAL BLOCKS. ARGGGHHHHH Was funny... I get on the platform and I knew I chipped a tooth or 2 but my buddy had his brand new X-star back then and was like DUDE GET BACK IN THE WATER YOUR BLEEDING ALL OVER MY VINYL! HAHAHAHA I felt so bad. Even was laughing then with no teefus
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-05-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
He looks like Leon Spinx.
I love how everyone always says it was the last ride of the day. Who the hell would keep riding after that.
With that grill he would fit right in here, in Polk County.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-05-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
The "no solids for two months" is due to the bone graft that was necessary for Andrew. He will be on the water very soon, and will be 100% aesthetically shortly thereafter. No word yet on whether his new grill be will platinum or gold, iced-out.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-05-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
Since Andrew is a MasterCraft rider his new grill may be Billet.
Can you imagine if he rode for Sanger? (wooden teeth)J/K
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
i punched myself in the face on a whirly bird once.

i still cant land them
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-05-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Hahahahahahaha
Caleb, thats happend to me before too. You pop the handle and smack yourself in the grill.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
Man, ouch.. but he's got a great sense of humor, smiling and hamming it up for the photos.

needs to put some serious bling in his new grill! :-)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
it sucks doesnt it andy haha.

my friend did it once on a switch crow
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-24-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Just got this tidbit emailed to me by a dentist...

"I am a former watersports junky from the good old days of the late 70’s and 80’s. If it was dangerous I have probably done it. Well fast forward to today and I am getting into wakeboarding, but I am also a dentist. Cory’s budy got the tooth and wanted to put it in milk ASAP. That used to be a common way of handling the situation. But if the kneebiter is able to breath fine with the tooth held in there mouth it is better to leave it. Even if the tooth is free floating and has to be held in the cheek, a persons own bodily fluids is the safest environment. Then seek help immediately. The exception is if there is lots of bleeding or the nose is so banged up that breathing is in anyway difficult. Then you just(this is a little gory but anyone in this situation should be able to handle it) spit the blood and saliva into a cup and drop the tooth or teeth into the cup and head for the dentist. Try not to touch them any more than you have to. When we are younger this is as cool as it gets. But later or even years after one of these injuries there can be lots of complications. It’s better to avoid this if at all possible and with custom mouthgaurds that are available today everyone should be able to get one in a style that fits their personality. Ride hard and wild but ride safe. Devin Schoonmaker, DDS"
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
where can I get a custom mouthgaurd. I broke out a few teeth last year on a ts 5. now i am timid and want a mouthgaurd. I love my pearly whites.