Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-14-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
We were out riding this morning, and while we were switching out riders we saw the Mastercraft/Hyperlite boat rolling up the lake. All of a sudden, this kid goes absolutely huge behind their boat. As they rode by, we were trying to figure out who it was.

On the way back to the docks we caught up to them. They had been out doing a shoot for Hyperlite for the morning. One of their boats had run out of gas so they were towing it back. We ran into them again at the wipe down area, and Eddie introduced himself to me while we were chatting. All of a sudden it dawned on me who these two kids are. It's the friggen Valdez brothers. These two kids have to be the most gracious polite kids I've ever met. My son had tried wakeboarding for the first time this morning, and when we told them, they walked over to him and let him know how cool it was that he was learning. They also impressed the heck out of him by complimenting him on his board and gear. We also got to see some really cool 08 prototype gear, and I must say, it's really impressive stuff their going to be coming out with.

I took a few pics of them, and their boats, but they asked that I not post pics of the board/binding setup they had.

All, and all... The Valdez brothers are just what wakeboarding needs as far as ambassadors.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-14-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
thats awesome. i met the older valdez in wisconsin last year when they were shooting with the quiksilver team. he seemed like a really nice kid, and insanely good too.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       07-14-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
The girl with the white pants in the first picture, is from Holland. She is an ambassador for The Netherlands. She is the best International Dutch Wakeboarder, behind the boat
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
They were out on Friday morning too on the Mastercraft Seattle X-2. I agree with Cliff. Very considerate young guys.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Wow I know that lake looked nice when Tony and I drove around it last week looking for a pull. Nothing but old people cruising slow in 2 X stars. No boards or nothing. What a waste
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
We passed them on their way out/first runs and crossed paths a few times with them on the north end later. They were going huge. Really like the X-Star. Nice looking boat.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-14-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Hi Cliff, thank you so much for your kind words. It so makes me happy to hear that they are representing in a positive way. Also, thanks for the pics, I havn't seen them in a week! Hugs, robyna
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-14-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
i saw them on fuel tv and hadn't seen them anywhere except in the magazines... i gotta say they are SIIICK i hope i can be as good as them someday

both kill it and are the future, and i hope i can also get a trampoline like theirs, big and in the ground... lucky
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
ya dude they kill it for sure! there riding is awesome!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
Thats sick, good to hear about the 08 product being Da Bomb, we are bringing in Hyperlite for 08.
Very cool of the Valdez Bros to take the time to talk with your son and take some pic's, thats what its all about, Sharing the stoke!!!!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
That gear weighed next to nothing!!! It was really fun to watch those guys throw down. They said the girl from Holland got her bell wrung pretty good about an hour prior to that.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-14-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Their great young men, that look's like A.J with them another great rider. Have fun guy's
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-14-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Eddie and Jacob are THE NICEST kids I have ever had the pleasure to know. They are always gracious and humble when ever I see them and compliment them on their winning endeavors. If Jacob is on the mic at our tournaments he totally talks up the rider no matter what their level. Truly two young men with integrity and humility.

AJ...I love ya too , man!!!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-15-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
You gotta love those guys. Truly great kids and a real inspiration to be around and always good for a laugh or 4...missed them in the backwater today.

By the way that looks like Greg Dick in the first pic...looks like things are working out just fine for him up north
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
The art on the boat looks like the same artist that does the Flying Dog Beer labels. Anyone one know if it the same guy?
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
Ralph Steadman, did work with Hunter S. Thompson. Good stuff.
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Son Duong, did work with Hyperlite. Good stuff. JK. It's the same graphic as on the new Catalyst, but yea, it's inspired by the work of Ralph Steadman.Upload
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
i think it was the younger one, did a huge crow mobe on an episode of pull, he's what 12? thats insane.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
I thought that was Ralph Steadman! He did all the artwork for Hunter Thompson. Long live Dr. Gonzo and cool to see a cross over.
Old     (pinkwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Jacob and Eddie are awesome role models for the Groms out there riding. My son is eight and after seeing Jacob at one of the rail jams he not only wanted to hit rails like Jacob, but we had to go get Quiksilver boardshorts "just like Jacob's!" Robyn - you should be very PROUD of your boys, you've done a great job raising them!
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
The graphics on that x-star is sick!
Old     (sueswink)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
excuse the hijack but I have to say...

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY EDDIE!!!! (tomorrow) We miss you and hope you are having an awesome week in Shasta!! Wishing you the best <3
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-19-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
I knew that graphic had a familiar feel to it...Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson was a great read...I would suggest it to anyone of any age...
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
"I would suggest it to anyone of any age..."

Well not any age, IMO. But def a great book.

BTW, I think that is a wrap on that boat isnt it?
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       07-19-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
yup
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
I think the opening line is something like...
"We were half way to Barstow when the drugs began to set in."

Who wouldn't let a 10 year old read that?
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-19-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ok, maybe not any age...my bad...