Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Alright, i know this is in another thread but I decided to start a new thread with a list of every thing that was stolen from some forum members. If you get the chance it would be awesome if you could keep an eye out on Ebay, Craigslist, and anyother internet market place you can think of for the following items.

Drew Martin (sadcaper)'s stuff:

Ronix Cell Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite Premier 141 DNA Wakeboard
Liquid Force PS3 133 Wakeboard
Liquid Force Minx Limited Edition Wakeboard Bindings
O'Brien Alias 5'6 Wakesurf Board
Hyperlite Highback Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite 3DS 143 Wakeboard
Hyperlite Roam Wakeboard
Liquid Force Transit Wakeboard Bindings
Hyperlite Premier 140 Wakeboard
Hyperlite Highback Wakeboard Bindings
Accurate A-line Wakeboard Rope
Straight Line A.R.I. Wakeboad Handle
Straight Line Wakesurf Knotted Rope
Jetpilot Baller Vest Comp L
Liquid Force Watson Vest Comp L
Hyperlite Murray Bindings

My roommate is never on here so I'll represent him.

(1) JL Audio 300/2 amplifier
(1) JL Audio 10 W7 subwoofer
(1) “XXX” 12” high output subwoofer (manufacturer unknown, “XXX” printed on dust cap of speaker)
(1) 4-channel MTX amplifier (probably 4x50watts)
(1) Memphis 16-1000D Amplifier
(1) Sirius Radio receiver
(1) Homer Simpson PEZ dispenser

Thanks for everyones help!

(Message edited by ironj32 on July 09, 2007)
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-09-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
I read the first thread and thought someone found a link on Craigslist? Did that go anywhere? i hope you catch these scumbags
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
It ended up being one of his boards... The '04 Premier I think. Had the cops waiting but the loser sent his GF to deliver the stolen board. They got her and are finger printing his board.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
why didn't the girlfriend role over on her lame ass boyfriend?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-09-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
HAha, a homer simpson PEZ dispenser has to be highly valued! got any pics?

When meeting the GF, did he happen to mention that he was interested in other boards/bindings to lure them in or did they just pounce and hope for the best?
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
I am wondering the same thing... They got the GF, should be case closed. I would have thought they would have just threatened to put the whole thing on her and she woulda flipped.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-09-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Are you saying your the culprit Jonny? Homer Simpson PEZ dispenser is pretty tempting?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
i just realized i can't spell THIEF. it was a long, long holiday!
Old     (mediocre_girl_boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
Hey - This is Drew's wife. To answer a couple questions...we tried to get the guy to bring other boards to the meet last night but he said he sold them already. Could have been a lie but I bet he's dumped the stuff by now. On the GF - sounds like she's pretty innocent (just guilty of making bad choices when it comes to boyfriends). I believe she told the cops what she knows about him. Jay - you should give your roomies case number to us so we can communicate it to the Plymouth police dept. Just one more thing to nail this guy on when they catch him!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Holly - I'll PM it to you when I find it out.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-09-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
The sub sounds like its an RE Audio XXX, thought that might help you search for it on craigslist or ebay.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-09-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
That's pretty weak Jay. Let me know if you need to borrow a board, vest, rope, etc.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-09-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
HOLY CRAP JAY! That is almost like the list of crap that some thieves stole out of my boat! We need to talk, this could all be an inside job.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-09-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
wow i hete thiefs, someone has been going around my neighborhood and steeling cars, and anything they can get their hands on. woke up morning with the tarp on my boat half ways off. someone was digging around, but good thing i take everything valuable out of it. i hope u catch that guy. good luck
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-10-2007, 4:22 AM Reply   
Wow- I thought my boathouse was equipped but that list looks like a board shop. That has got to hurt. I have been fortunate to have had no break-ins for the 10 years I have been on my lake. I was thinking about rigging a long steel cable through all the bindings and rope handles and locking it down to the boathouse just in case someone ever broke in. Most thieves won't mess with anything that takes much time to get, they just want to get in and out. This has motivated me to be a little more secure.

Are there two incidents going on here? Is Jay's separate from Drew's or are they the same?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
They are two separate properties on the same lake, Medicine Lake, here in Plymouth, MN (basically Minneapolis). The first list is from forum member, Drew Martin (sadcaper). The second list is my roommates stuff. Everything was stolen on the same night, July 3rd.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
I kinda wonder if it's not a fellow boarder too. It's just too weird that he would know about all of the stuff that people have. But it is very possible that he could've chilled at the park on our lake and scoped things out. The bay in front of the park is the main spot that we ride. And the docks at our place are located only a couple of hundred yards from the beach too. But Drew's place is quite a ways from the beach...I don't think you could see it from the park, unless you had super good binoculars or like a rifle scope. So that makes me think that he probably got on a boat and drove around and scoped things out too. We've got the kids name and phone number. I kinda wanna post his name or both???

Andy - I gotta work all day/night on Wednesday, but Thursday afternoon/night will work for me. You planning on riding on your lake? I could probably be there by 330 or 4.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
whaat? you know who he is? go get your stuff!

are the cops doing something? if not i would gather a crew and go get it.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
no, we dont' know who he is...if i did the kid would either be in jail or the hospital. he put his name and phone number in an add on craigslist, he was selling one of Drew's boards. they've run a phone number search but nothing has come back yet.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
The name in the add said Jesse. Any one know someone of that name in the Metro area? Either this kid is a moron or it is probably a fake name.